1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics of ducklings & goslings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cockadoodlemom, Apr 27, 2007.

1. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    Just thought I would share pictures of my 2 day old babies. I have 6 ducks and 6 geese. I am thinking that the bigger ones are the goslings-Does anybody know? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

Goslings have a pointed triangular beak when viewed from the side, ducklings have a sort of "swoop" from the head to tip (like a ski-jump) and are generally a bit longer. And yes, as they grow the goslings will be bigger. [​IMG]

Lots of adorable little quackers there!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  3. Idahoe

Idahoe New Egg

Apr 8, 2007
    Weippe, Idaho
    In the first pic, you have a two Toulouse goslings and a duckling in the background . . .

In the second and third pics, the "big" yellow baby is a gosling too, an Embden I believe. He's looking back at the camera in the third pic and standing up in the fourth. Goslings are almost always bigger than ducklings, and their nose holes are a little farther down the bill than ducklings.

Though ducklings CAN be friendly, the goslings are usually much more people oriented, and are interested in attention from you whether you are feeding them or not. Looks like you have at least four or five goslings in the whole bunch. As they grow up, the size difference will be VERY noticable [​IMG] .

4. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks so much to both of you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by