Pics of growing babies - pic heavy, and the first pics are large!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by colowyo0809, Dec 16, 2010.

1. colowyo0809

colowyo0809 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Dacono, CO
    So, I decided to do something similar to Wifezilla's thread of AquaDuckPonics experiment except we hatched three chicks and a quail from our first incubator hatching. I am going to take pics once a day of each one and post them to show the development [​IMG] The three chicks are two days old today [​IMG]

This one was the second to hatch. It is a EE x MFC cross. We figure in addition to the feathering on the legs (which all three chicks have) this one also got more of its coloring from the MFC roo.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This one was the first to hatch. Also an EE x MFC cross. This one you can see has the expected chipmunk striping of the EE's.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This one is the Australorp x MFC cross and the third to hatch. I had to help this one out of the egg as it had broken through the shell in one spot, but had started getting weaker. As you might be able to see, this one also is spradle legged. We will be banding the legs together tonight.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

ETA: I resized the photo's, and took off the quail, I'll be doing that one in the quail section [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  2. jomoncon

jomoncon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    The ones I can see are too cute. But you have several photos with error messages. This usually means you moved the location in phoyobucket or deleted the picture.

3. colowyo0809

Apr 27, 2010
    Dacono, CO
    I don't really know why, I haven't done anything to it. Will have to see if I can fix that [​IMG]

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I love the little teeny-tiny quail. [​IMG]

5. colowyo0809

Apr 27, 2010
    Dacono, CO
    Thanks! And I believe I fixed the posting of pics issue [​IMG]

6. jomoncon

jomoncon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Great job!! Now all the chickies are too cute!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by