Pics of Happy, Pampered, Spoiled Chickens!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Keltara, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

When the mercury rises, the Henny Penny's get to cool off with us in the pool. They ❤LOVE❤ it! They will float, swim and flap their wings. We scoop up water and pour it over their heads and they make the happiest noises. If you have a pool, give your chickens a swim. They'll love you for it. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just look at this grateful, happy girl!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  2. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    WOW!!!

I dident think chickens could swim??????

thats really cool:thumbsup

3. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    How cute.

4. Keltara

Quote:Yep! They sure can. And their pretty good at it too. They are super buoyant like a duck. They may object at first, but once they've done a few times, they'll relax and enjoy the cool of the pool. [​IMG] It instantly stops our babies from panting in the heat.

5. Keltara

Quote:Thanks Cristina. ✿◠‿◠

6. RedHead

RedHead Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    Cute [​IMG] and I thought chickens couldn't swim. [​IMG] I'll give it a shot with one of my reds and see what happens

7. Keltara

Quote:Cass-Be prepared for initial objection, but she'll get the hang of it and come to love it I'm certain. [​IMG]

8. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    Chicky go blub blub!
    People have always told me that I can't put a kiddie pool in with my girls on a hot day. They said "chickens are stupid and will drown"
    I thought they would enjoy it though....perhaps we will try this, see what everyone thinks. Adorable pics btw. [​IMG]

9. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm glad you posted photos, cuz I would not have believed your posting otherwise.

My BO won't even let me get her feet wet. Sometimes I try to wipe off her feet if she's stepped in something offensive. But she wants nothing to do with it. I can't believe that there are others out there who will actually swim!

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    She's a duck in disguise! That is really something!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by