pics of inside my coops and pens! finally after 2 or so years took pix

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by RockyPhoenix, May 31, 2010.

1. RockyPhoenix

RockyPhoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    North Liberty
    [​IMG]
    smaller part of the BIG chicken coop where the silkies are living

[​IMG]
    roosts in the bigger part of the BIG chicken coop where my layers and Rocky my phoenix roo are kept

[​IMG]
    all the nest boxes...they were all there when i moved in!

[​IMG]
    "appalachia hut" as my gpa calls it...my first sad attempt at a coop/pen...basically an isolation for injured birds pen....

[​IMG]
    4-H chickens (all phoenixes Golden and Black-Breasted)

[​IMG]
    small pen (5x4) where we put either roos, broodies or injured birds...also an isolation chamber for newbies!

[​IMG]
    a larger pen (5x8) that is used for breeding pairs or trios and injured birds, broodies or isolation...

tell me what you think! [​IMG]

2. underground chickenman

underground chickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2009
    Orlando, Florida
    Holy moly! How many chickens do you have? You must have a nest box for each one. Coop envy coming on. Nice job!

UGCM

3. TripleH

TripleH Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Nice coop! Plenty of room and lots of nest boxes.
    Pretty chickens too.

4. illegal avian

illegal avian Cooped up

Apr 21, 2010
    Third World, Texas
    After TWO YEARS??? That shabby chic finish you put on the wood makes it look much older... [​IMG] But it looks great!

If you don't mind me asking, what is the field planted in? It's beautiful!

5. Wegs813

Wegs813 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    Oh my gosh...you have lots of room, and I am totally jealous!!! I'd go overboard with chickens if I had the room that you do!

6. Xodrana

Xodrana Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    wow , its huge how do you scoop all that poop?

7. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    It is huge and I love the old weathered look....very jealous! How many chickens do you have?

8. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I wish I had that kind of space. [​IMG] Really pretty property too!

9. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    It is fabulous!!! I love all those nests! And that stacking cage is so cooooool....

10. RockyPhoenix

RockyPhoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    North Liberty
    ok well to begin with THANKS!!!

Holy moly! How many chickens do you have? You must have a nest box for each one. Coop envy coming on. Nice job!

UGCM

i have 39 chickens including the three chicks that have hatched although there might be more today...

After TWO YEARS??? That shabby chic finish you put on the wood makes it look much older... But it looks great!

If you don't mind me asking, what is the field planted in? It's beautiful!

the coop is probably 50 or 60 years old...i didnt build it..lol...the field in the back is corn that my dad plants...

wow , its huge how do you scoop all that poop?

with a 20 gallon bucket and i have this really super old roost scraper i found in the coop...its like a rake but its a solid piece of metal with a really long handle... AMAZING FIND! also cleaning all the bedding out takes 2 days for all my coops and pens...

Oh my gosh...you have lots of room, and I am totally jealous!!! I'd go overboard with chickens if I had the room that you do!

im not allowed to go overboard because grandma wont let me..im trying to talk her into letting me have meaties and turkeys but..idk
    also my grandpa and i want to get bobwhite chicks to release in our woods since they are native to our area....

AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by