Pics of Lester & Lucas for lavender orp project

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
Ok, I have been busy snapping pics here and there, so thought I'd share some updates.

Lester on his evening out with the ladies..

100_5058.jpg

100_5059.jpg

100_5063.jpg

100_5055.jpg

Crowing..
100_5070.jpg

DH holding Lester today..

100_5080-1.jpg

Lucas with lots of others..

100_5092.jpg

100_5095.jpg

100_5100.jpg

And more Lester babies brooding with some white araucana..

100_5103.jpg

Jody

Thanks ladies. As you can see I have several breeds growing out in that grow out house. My blue araucana project is coming along nicely as well. My white expansion is looking great. And the lavender orp project is moving right along. We are up to 21 offspring from Lester. Looks to be about half roos at this time, but I am not discouraged and hoping to get a nice little selection of ladies to take them through winter.

Jody

Last edited:
Can't believe Lester is so grown up now. He is very beautiful. I really like Lucas's type. The chicks look really good. Great project you have going there Jody.
BTW I kept one cockeral and one pullet out of the buffs I hatched. Will take some pics for you maybe tomorrow. The pullet is really pretty. I may show her in Oct. The cockeral is still filling out and His color is great waiting to see how is type finishes out. These are silkies.

Congrats to you and Charlie on your hard work and project. Lester is one fine looking speciman. Uh, Charlie could use a haircut though. LOL

I hope the pups are doing just as well also. That is one fine litter of pups.

My buff orps from you are feathering out and looking real good. And unless I miss my guess, they all just happen to be pullets. You sent me a whole batch of pullet eggs this time. Now I got to go hunt up a roo. Ain't that something?

Julie, I know..I can't believe how big he is. He is quite the naughty boy though. I am hoping and praying the babies are like their mamas. Can't wait to see the silkies. I kept a quad to grow out, sold off a pair and held on to two wonderful pullets. I have to get some pics of the silkies.

Sandy, thanks..I love his saddle too.
smile.png
His tail feathers are damaged, but you know what that means. He's doing his job!
woot.gif

Sara - Thanks & I know what you mean. Lucas is much bigger than most of his brood mates. He is a bit older as well, but he is perfectly nice to them and enjoys their company. I have been handling him and hope he turns out nice. So far, he's making me proud. Can't wait to see him grown up.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom