1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PICS of Lily and Dash, not babies anymore...they are TeenAgers!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by thndrdancr, Dec 7, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Well, I cant resist posting pics of the infamous duo!

Always up to no good..I laugh so much at their antics. Dash found a q-tip the other day, and thought it was the grandest prize ever. Unfortunately I didnt have the camera, but Lily thought she had somethin good, and chased Dash around for a good 20 minutes! Dash had that thing firmly gripped in her beak, right in the middle, and looked like one of those mini dogs with a huge bone!

Was tellin another BCY member several weeks back, that Dash LOVES blueberries. Its the only treat I have found that she is nuts about! Well, we had a taco salad for supper, had the babies out, so I tossed them a few olive bits that were on the salad. Oh boy, Dash made a wild leap for it, you could just see her thinking "blueberry!!!!", swallowed it, then I swear she went around almost stickin her tongue out goin "Yuck, YUCK!". She kept shakin her head. She has a temper, so she is funny. She was so mad at us. Lily on the other hand, really genuinely LIKED the olives! [​IMG]

Here are some pics, they sure are growing up!

Oh, the other snack Dash likes...paper!

"Whaddya mean I am not supposed to eat it????, I worked awfully hard to get it off that pile!

[​IMG]

Dash has convinced Lily its good eatin...

[​IMG]

Admiring ourselves in the mirror...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I couldnt resist this one, Dash relaxin by the heater until Lily makes her get up. Lily never relaxes, unless someone is rocking her.

[​IMG]

2. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    Paper! It's not just for breakfast anymore. [​IMG]

Dash got big so fast. I can't believe how cute those two are together.

3. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    this was so sweet.

4. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Iheartchickens,

I know ya love pics of them, I also posted several pics of just Dash last night, asking about gender, are some cute pics of just her if ya missed them. [​IMG]

Jill

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They're both great, Jill! You're such a good chicken-mom!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by