Pics of most of my new hatchlings- okcarla and burntumber

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
First there is a group pic, I didn't take a separate pic of the Ancona, there are too many
tongue.png

so here are the Ancona (mostly yellow with black on their backs)
11313_gabby_nico_chx_026.jpg

here are the Appenzeller Spitzhauben (okcarla)
apparently my flash scares the chicks
big_smile.png

11313_gabby_nico_chx_027.jpg

showgirls, top view, colors??my guess is 3 partridge, 2 white, and no idea on the last
big_smile.png
(burntumber)
11313_gabby_nico_chx_028.jpg

showgirls again
11313_gabby_nico_chx_029.jpg

black ameraucana(flash scare), there is a second but it has something wrong with it's legs.
11313_gabby_nico_chx_030.jpg

Here are 2 of the La Fleche, 4 others just hatched a short time ago, and 1 lone pip, these are a day younger than the others in the pics
11313_gabby_nico_chx_031.jpg

Krista

Last edited:
cute, cute, cute! Thanks for sharing. I just know once I get my silkies settled I'm going to want showgirls. *sigh* then I'll have to build yet another coop and attach the run the one existing one, oh, woe is me, making room for more chickens! lol

When I first saw the showgirls I said I would NEVER get those
roll.png
. They are so ugly, they are cute. I am just going to put them in with my silkies/sizzles/frizzles, I figure I can separate them if I want pure eggs, but I really don't want that many roos
hu.gif
so if anyone wanted eggs, the chicks would be interesting
lol.png

Krista

Ummmm, lost count, I would have to write a list. by pen/brooder

all 14 weeks and under
wink.png

9 mutts
13 (10 ameraucana, 3 silkie)
16 (8 frizzle, 8 silkie)
big new brooder dh just built has
hu.gif
this is where I lost count , but I will try
9 silkie/sizzle, 2 blk ameraucana, 2 brn/red ameraucana, 4 mottled amerucana, 4 blue ameraucana (1 breeder), 2 splash ameraucana, 8 (I *think*) more blue Ameraucana, 9 Araucana(from 2 breeders). I think that's all in that one.
New batch
7 La Fleche, 6 Appenzeller Spitzhauben, 17 Ancona, 2 black Ameraucana, 6 showgirls.
And the bators not empty yet
lol.png

A TRUE HATCHAHOLIC
tongue.png

Krista

OMG , I just added that up!!!! 116! Shhh, don't tell dh
th.gif

ep.gif
That's alot! Good thing your dh can't count.
wink.png

We have 37 with a hatch of 30 to 40 going in next week and then one more hatch after that that will be FULL of BCs.
smile.png
My dh is tolerating this, but I had to do my own building. I have gotten pretty good with a hammer, skill saw and drill. I envy your nice dh. Mine is stingy. and grumpy.
lau.gif

But my numbers are going to go down because we have a bunch of cocks (gosh, i hate writing that:gig) that need to go. I am hoping dh can drive them to the livestock auction because I can't.
hit.gif

Ugh, know what you mean about the roos (
lol.png
sorry couldn't do it), I have 5 wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, I will be posting pics once my camera charges but I think I only have one pullet
hit.gif
and I am only keeping one of the roos. I think I am taking 2 of my mutt roos to the processor(if I can find the thread of the one in Maine) cuz they are NOT nice, the other 2 are staying for now, one is too small to process and the other is very sweet so I can't cull. I can't tell with my silver ameraucana, but only one of the 3 has a muff, so I may place the other 2(if pullets) with someone that just want's pretty eggs. Out of my frizzles (8) there is only 1 (maybe 2, iffy) pullet. I need to figure out what to do with those "guys" I am going to keep 2 of my favorites for now
hmm.png
. The silkies I can't figure out yet, the 3 oldest I think I have 1roo 1 pullet and the other is up in the air. Also I am going to post for the Anconas, there is waaaay too many, I only wanted a trio. The am hoping the La Fleche are pullet heavy cuz I want to sell a trio(or quad) and keep a trio. I am only keeping two showgirls (no roos). Pretty much I only am keeping trios, so some Appenzeller Spitzhauben will eventually go to. Do they have the auctions in the winter too? I will be doing major down sizing and dh will bring them for me
wink.png
, sneezing all the way, gosh I love him
love.gif
poor man spoils me
tongue.png

Krista

I am starting to prefer most of the roos being aggressive(don't feel bad culling). The two that are going to the processor bit me and my 10 yo (he helps put them away), but they said they aren't going to eat THEM, but I can take them. They will never know
lol.png
. Do you have any white layers Jen? I think you need some
wink.png

I can't wait to make my own olive eggers(next year), will be colorful egg collecting. We have already been talking about Easter, we are going to paint the eggs with paint brushes because they will already be so colorful, no need to dye
cool.png

Krista

I posted here for my cuckoo cocks and on craigslist, with absolutley no bites. Not one. My daughter is insistent that we get rid of our leghorn roo. He is terrorizing everyone in his coop/pen. This is highly uncharacteristic of her as she won't let anything go.......

I will let you know about the livestock auction. I would think it is year round.

I know what you mean about the roos. We have 2 mutts that we love. I know eventually they are going to have to go. I have too many nice Marans and Ameraucanas to keep mutt roos. And more on the way.

I do need more white egg layers. Dang. Tempted. If I take some Anconas from you. I have to do it soon. Let me think about it. I already have a big coop with 3 sections and separate pens, PLUS a pen/mini coop for the millies (that will also be the silkie home). I have no place for the white layers....what to do. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom