Pics of Muscovy Ducklings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kuntrygirl, May 13, 2011.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I came home yesterday and today from work and found that 2 of my Muscovy hen's eggs had hatched. One of the girls hatched 6 ducklings and the other hen hatched 9 ducklings. Here are some pics of all of them. I just wanted to share these with everyone.

Gertrude's 6 babies were hatched today. A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled across Gerty's nest of eggs. She decided to move in with the goat in his goat house (Large shipping crate turned in to a medium size house). I found her nest in the corner. I knew that the goat wouldn't bother her because he is so tame, so I didn't attempt to move her and her eggs. I felt comfortable that she would be ok. And she and the babies were just fine after all of these weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sam and her 9 babies. They were hatched on yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Batty about Banties

Batty about Banties Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Gorge
    Cute!! Super jealous! Hopefully next season I'll have a little brood myself of scovies!!!

3. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Awwww Kuntrygirl... They are so cute! My 2 duck hens hatched out ducklings yesterday too!!! I've got 16-18 ducklings. I posted 2 pics. gonna post more.

4. HOUSE OF ROCK A DOODLE

HOUSE OF ROCK A DOODLE Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    I have 2 Mama scovies sitting, one has to be getting close to hatching her 15 eggs out, and the other one gathered up chicken eggs and laid 4 of her own and kicked some of my girls out of there nesting box -- but babies would be nice. I only have 15 adults

5. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    You are so lucky...they are pretty! I am hoping mine will hatch out some babies soon....I am keeping my fingers crossed.

6. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    Im leaving my scovies eggs out in their pen to see if sh goes broody! I hope she does!! Those babies are butes!

7. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    They are all very cute. Muscovies are so darn Gorgeous. I love the first mamas one little darker duckling. Cute:D

8. animalpro24

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Could you tell me where you got your first muscovies?
    I cannot find any hatcheries that raise them.
    thanks.

9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Many years ago, a co-worker gave me about 20 of them. She had so many and she had to give them away. Ever since then they layed eggs and hatched their own babies. Did you try Ideal Hatchery? I received an email from them last week and it said that they have ducks. I hope that helps you.

10. animalpro24

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Thanks for the link. But sadly they do not have muscovies. darn! thanks anyway:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by