Pics of my 1st-Ever Polish & Silkie Hatched Babies!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenWendy, May 5, 2008.

1. ChickenWendy

ChickenWendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    We had 5 polish hatch & 7 Silkies. We have decided they are our favorites!!! They finished hatching on Saturday. Sweet little chicks. My 13 year old Daughter has decided that she is the queen of the silkies & they belong to her! I love the polish!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok, i know she isnt a chick but she is cute. our new baby mini-schnauzer. she was sleeping that way. it must be nice.
    [​IMG]

this website has been instrumental in promoting these animals - the chickens - in my life and my family's life. we are so thankful and happy. The chickens are an asset and so much fun to love.
    i will say this as my only drawback to incubating eggs. we had to put a bad deformed silkie chick down last night and it was miserable for everyone. my poor husband had to do it & he was just devastated. my 13 year old cried like her heart was broken.
    i dont know if we will be doing it again after the ducks and mixed chick eggs are done 2 weeks. but we will continue to raise and love our chickens!!

2. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    [​IMG] Congrats on the new babies [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ! They are adorable and so is your puppy [​IMG]! I am also a polish lover, what kind of polish are they?

3. ChickenWendy

Dec 3, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Quote:i have no clue. i bought them off of ebay and the man said they were "rare" and bantams. I think i have one standard and 4 bantams. but i also dont know about the colors. the man had them marked but they dont look like what their eggs said. one is suppose to be a creole. one is suppose to be a white houdan, a self chocolate. and a white crested chocolate in bantam and standard. but i have 3 white ones - well 2 white, 1 yellow one and one black one with golden/red colors in it (which is my favorite) and 1 all black one. i guess their feathers will tell the tale right?

4. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:i have no clue. i bought them off of ebay and the man said they were "rare" and bantams. I think i have one standard and 4 bantams. but i also dont know about the colors. the man had them marked but they dont look like what their eggs said. one is suppose to be a creole. one is suppose to be a white houdan, a self chocolate. and a white crested chocolate in bantam and standard. but i have 3 white ones - well 2 white, 1 yellow one and one black one with golden/red colors in it (which is my favorite) and 1 all black one. i guess their feathers will tell the tale right?

I just bought some frizzle polish off of ebay, I wonder if it was from the same seller. I didn't know they even had crele polish, that should look interesting.

5. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    polish have also become my favorite.

6. ChickenWendy

Dec 3, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    well i dont know if it is a "creole". they all look either white/buff or black to me with little poofie heads. they dont look like anything i've seen in pictures. i have one that is black/brown with beautiful red tones running through it. i think that might be one i recognize. but we will see.
    i got them from a nice guy named "bluepolish" = jim, i believe. i would definitely buy from him again. out of the 7 i received 5 hatched. not a bad ratio for shipped eggs. the silkies were tougher. out of 16 - 7 hatched, but i'm definitely not complaining. the silkies are soooooooo cute.

Last edited: May 6, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by