Pics of my 9 week old CW/EE crosses...gender guesses anyone??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lesalynn, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Lesalynn

Lesalynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    Ok, these two look a lot alike, so I'll try and get all the pics of one up top and the other down below.
    Here's one:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here's the other:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Both of them together (couldn't get a better pic, sorry):
    [​IMG]

Oops, I had wrong age, lol. They're 9 wks

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  2. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    They are absolutely gorgeous!! What is CW stand for? Thinking girls:0)

3. Lesalynn

Lesalynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    [​IMG] Thank you!! [​IMG] CW=Columbian Wyandotte

I hope they're girls!! I so wanna keep them. I love the EE hen I have. And I absolutely LOVE the coloring the roo threw onto these babies. I have another from the third batch that looks like these. My last one hatched out a week ago, and looks like the mom. It's a bit darker than the other ones.

Here's a pic of the Dad:

[​IMG]

Here's the mom:
    [​IMG]

And here's the week old baby: (the one on left)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Wow you momma hen looks identical to my Annie EE. Wynadottes have a look of the Delaware. Well not identical but the coloring and your rooster looks similiar to my rooster Jack. (combs are also different as well) I have had some broody hens hatch out some babies this year. One is a Delaware roo/EE momma (kinda whitish and the beard, black feathering around the hackles and tale feathers) He is absolutely gorgeous. His name is Duke and he is going to be a total handful. Be glad when the teenage years are done. He is awful.

The coloring is absolutely gorgeous on your hopeful girls. I mean I would love one. lol.... but have wayyyy to many now though. working on my 4th coop. But only have roughly 40+ chickens. just need to proper set up is all. I am an over acheiver. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by