Pics of my Ameraucanas, Araucanas and more :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Guitartists, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I know I have been absent for the most part, but I have some new pics to share [​IMG] My last batch of chicks are really growing fast! I lost a few and had to cull 1, but I still have a lot! My Cochins have been the first to start laying... hopefully the other girls will follow suit [​IMG]

Here are some new pics of the chooks [​IMG]

Ameraucanas... except I think the one in the front on the left is one of my Araucanas.

[​IMG]

A Black and a Blue Ameraucana... those blacks are HUGE compared to some of the others... maybe they are roos [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Wheaton Ameraucana.... I think this guy is a roo....

[​IMG]

My Blue Wheaton Ameraucana... possibly a pullet???

[​IMG]

My Araucana Roo

[​IMG]

Tufted tailed Araucana and one of my black Ameraucanas... both pullets???

[​IMG]

My Showgirl Poppet [​IMG] I think she's soooo pretty [​IMG] And the mildest mannered chook I have [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My fav girl Roxie [​IMG] Her spots really came in nicely I think [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She has decided that she hates the other chickens... especially the two young roos that will not leave her alone (they may be chicken and dumplings sooner than later) Here she is being naughty and flying into the tree. Luckily she has taken to flying onto my head and shoulder now and NOT into the tree..... so that's good.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Nice looking chickens, the black one with a blue eye looks really cool

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Nice pictures, I love your birds! I have EE's in the bator, and one Ameraucana in the coop, she is sweet

4. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    On the ameraucanas: wheaten cockerel, blue wheaten pullet, light blue pullet, little black one looks like a pullet.

The dark blue, can't tell too far away and the black one up close looks like a "Pat".... Is it the same one pictured with the white araucana? [​IMG]

5. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    On those Wheatons.... are you saying the dark and light one is a pullet and the light one a roo? Or that I have my colors mixed up? LOL

I don't think that is the same black one... I have a few of them that look VERY similar [​IMG]

6. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    LOL Ok... it's been awhile since I looked at your pics... I see, I have the sexes right... my colors wrong [​IMG] I'm still green to this wheaton/blue wheaton thing [​IMG] LOL But now I see the difference [​IMG] (I edited my captions to my pics... I hope I got them right now [​IMG] )

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm not a Showgirl fan, but the expression on Poppet's face is wonderful! What a sweet girl she must be.

8. chickenma

chickenma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    You have good looking chickens.
    What is the one with the bleu naked neck?[​IMG]

9. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    The Showgirl? There is also a peeking Ameraucana in the shot. ... but I'm guessing you mean the showgirl [​IMG] They are a Silkie x Naked Neck.

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:I don't like Showgirls either, but I simply must have one exactly like Poppet!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by