Pics of my Ameraucanas, Araucanas and more :)

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
I know I have been absent for the most part, but I have some new pics to share
My last batch of chicks are really growing fast! I lost a few and had to cull 1, but I still have a lot! My Cochins have been the first to start laying... hopefully the other girls will follow suit

Here are some new pics of the chooks

Ameraucanas... except I think the one in the front on the left is one of my Araucanas.

A Black and a Blue Ameraucana... those blacks are HUGE compared to some of the others... maybe they are roos

My Wheaton Ameraucana.... I think this guy is a roo....

My Blue Wheaton Ameraucana... possibly a pullet???

My Araucana Roo

Tufted tailed Araucana and one of my black Ameraucanas... both pullets???

My Showgirl Poppet
I think she's soooo pretty
And the mildest mannered chook I have

My fav girl Roxie
Her spots really came in nicely I think

She has decided that she hates the other chickens... especially the two young roos that will not leave her alone (they may be chicken and dumplings sooner than later) Here she is being naughty and flying into the tree. Luckily she has taken to flying onto my head and shoulder now and NOT into the tree..... so that's good.

Last edited:

pips&peeps

There is no "I" in Ameraucana
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Newman Lake, WA
On the ameraucanas: wheaten cockerel, blue wheaten pullet, light blue pullet, little black one looks like a pullet.

The dark blue, can't tell too far away and the black one up close looks like a "Pat".... Is it the same one pictured with the white araucana?

Last edited:

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
On those Wheatons.... are you saying the dark and light one is a pullet and the light one a roo? Or that I have my colors mixed up? LOL

I don't think that is the same black one... I have a few of them that look VERY similar

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
LOL Ok... it's been awhile since I looked at your pics... I see, I have the sexes right... my colors wrong
I'm still green to this wheaton/blue wheaton thing
LOL But now I see the difference
(I edited my captions to my pics... I hope I got them right now
)

Last edited:

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
The Showgirl? There is also a peeking Ameraucana in the shot. ... but I'm guessing you mean the showgirl
They are a Silkie x Naked Neck.

Top Bottom