1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics of my babies growing up :)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by VOX, Dec 22, 2010.

1. VOX

VOX Chillin' With My Peeps

Pics of my 3 babies I hatched, anyone know what kind they are? they are about 3-4 weeks here

This is Daisy....shes already starting to make the quackin sounds

[​IMG]

And this is Shadow...his voice is realy raspy

[​IMG]

And this is Pearl, Shes an amazing little girl. Still dunno what kind she is. Shes about 2 1/2 - 3 months. She was my first hatch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Ducklings stay cute, even in that awkward age. [​IMG]
    If only I had a pond...

3. VOX

anyone have any ideas on what kind they are. Iv been wanting to know for a long time [​IMG]

4. mustangluvrjen

mustangluvrjen Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2010
    South Cakilaki
    All I can say is AAWWWWWWWWWWWWW [​IMG] I'm not much help as far as breeds. I have 5 in the bator now due to hatch the next couple days. I sure hope they turn out as cute as yours(but what duck isn't cute). Love them all!

5. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG] pearl !!! They look like a runner mix to me with that combination of colours and the white Bib on Daisey. Where did you get the eggs from ? The bib makes me think swede, and pearl looks Saxonyish... Runners having so many different colours, it just makes me think there is runner in there somewhere but they arent as fine or upright as a full runner. They are all gorgeous anyway.

6. sandcat

sandcat Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Oh they are just sweeties!!! they look so happy inside

7. VOX

I love my babies very much. I got the eggs from some lady that has a farm, she gave me them free. I hatched Pearl out of a store bought incubator along with 6 other eggs, she was the only one that made it and i hatched the other two along with two chickens in a homemade incubator out of a styrofoam cooler with a night light as heat, I have to say the homemade incubater is so so much better, temp stays the same unlike the store bought ones which you cant keep a stable temp in. Took me about 10 mins to make it and my hatch rate doubled being as all 4 eggs hatched with no problems [​IMG]

8. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    looks like a khaki runner mix and a blue runner swedish mix to me. I just hatched out 14 babies a couple of weeks ago myself. Too cold to let them be outside until they get their feathers LOL. they are a trip! I have swede mixes and runners and pekin mixes

9. VOX

My duckies are a hoot and a holla i tell yea. They keep my mind at peace [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  10. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG She has grown so much. Beautiful ducks you have

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by