Pics of my Backyard Flock!!! (PIC HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chiko, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    I just thought I'd show you all my little flock [​IMG] I used to have to many to count at our old house but here we can only have 6!!! It was incredibly hard to get rid of some but I managed and I'm actually happier with few chickens [​IMG] Although I would'nt mind going back to the way it was before [​IMG] Anyway, heres my chickens!!!
    [​IMG]
    Heres my little sweetheart Chiko, one of my first chickens. She gives us one egg a day rain or shine [​IMG] My username is based on her! I love her [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heres my little group of pullets! The biggest one is my Birchen Cochin hen, the black one is a Black cochin bantam hen and the yellow one...well shes just..the yelow one! Not sure of her breed lol [​IMG] Mixed
    Heres my little broody hen Anna, she's an awesome mom and I'm so excited to see her walk around with her 7 little babies which are due to hatch on the 24th!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is her little clutch of Silver Bantam Ameraucanas.
    [​IMG][
    [​IMG]
    My 3 younger pullets. 2 Brassy Back rosecomb bantam hens, and 1 Light sussex chick, (at bottom of pecking order, picked on very badly [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]
    Heres my newly hatched quailies!!! I hatched 6/11 Coturnix Quail. Here they are.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alright, bored yet? Heres my first batch of ducklings I have hatched. (all sold now but I thought I'd still show you [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alright now I'm out of pictures...FOR NOW! I'll post some of my next hatches. The one with Anna the broody hen who's chicks hatch on the 24th of june, and my batch of roughly 50 eggs in my bator due on the 29th i think. I'll let you know for sure later [​IMG] Sorry for the bad quality of pictures but I had to take them with my phone [​IMG] Anyway hope you enjoyed!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
  2. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    I'm liking it!!!
    Thanks for sharing [​IMG]

3. Pokster

Pokster Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    Manistique, Michigan
    Very nice, feel bad for the ones being picked on though [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  4. Pokster

Pokster Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    Manistique, Michigan
    Oh my goodness they are ALL so cute! The quailies and ducklings [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  5. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    Yeah I feel so bad for my little light sussex [​IMG] He's the one that gets most of the beating. The quail are so adorable!!!! I want to hatch me some more!

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Wow, that's a lot of chicks and ducklings!

7. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    Oh wow, 3 quails in the palm of your hand!! That is so adorable!

8. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    Those quail are so tiny!!! It's amazing that 3 of them together roughly make up the size of a small bantam chicken chick [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by