1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Pics of my birds...

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by cameron, Feb 6, 2011.

1. cameron

cameron Songster

Sep 5, 2010
    I know a lot of yall like lookin at pics of everyones pigeons. Thought I'd post up some of mine.

I keep rollers, tipplers, and Damascenes. The only ones I actively fly right now are the Rollers. I'm trying to get my tippler population up before I start turning them out. Same with my Damascenes. I've never flown Damascenes before, but I picked up 2 pair at Louisville from an Amish fella. I just looked like the looks of them...I think theyd be something nice to look at flying around. Especially the way their color would show out against a dark gray sky.

Bathtime for the Rollers....
    [​IMG]

Tippler mamas holding down the eggs....
    [​IMG]

Damascenes pairing up...such a nice looking bird.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WingingIt

WingingIt Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Pretty!

3. sport14692

sport14692 Songster

Jan 17, 2011
    Carencro, La
    nice looking birds

4. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Songster

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    Nice looking pigeons! [​IMG]

5. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Songster

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Purdy birds.
    Whats the demesions on those nest boxes? I like those.

6. cameron

cameron Songster

Sep 5, 2010
    Oh man..I think they are around 5x5? I really can't remember. I made em out of scrap 1x4's that I had laying around, then threw a 1/4" plywood bottom on them then just screwed them to the wall. They're almost a little small for the damascenes but I"m gonna move them into a different loft.

Cameron

7. puredelite

puredelite Songster

You have a nice looking bunch of birds there! Are your rollers pretty good performers?

8. cameron

cameron Songster

Sep 5, 2010
    Yeah, they're not bad. I have a couple of 15-20ft spinners and 1 or 2 30 foot spinners. I have a female that is absolutely awesome after about 30 minutes in the air....looks like a little buzzsaw dropping out of the sky. I'm gonna breed out of her as much as I can before she either hits the house or a hawk gets her.

I'm noticing that a lot of my rollers are real slow coming into the roll. This batch here is almost a year old and some of them are still tail riding.

Cameron

9. hookedonpigeons

hookedonpigeons Songster

Feb 17, 2011
    Rural Hall, NC
    Pretty birds [​IMG]

10. IA. jake

IA. jake In the Brooder

Oct 26, 2010
    forest city ia.
    Very nice birds.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by