Pics of my BLRW's!

I LOVE to see pictures of everyone's birds!
Yours are beautiful!!!
And they have such a nice home!
And has that puppy started trying to carry them round yet?
LOL

Thanks again everyone! Sooo glad to hear of good fertility. At this point all my blr's are together so can't be sure of which cross you'll get. I'm also impressed with the eggs size. Wasn't expecting them to be too big but the ones I've been getting now are definite larges!

Yon puppy is turning into an absolutely wonderful dog! Lotta times just hangs with the chickens. Doesn't bother them but he won't leave the cats alone no matter what I do! Figured I'd give him that one as long as he leaves the chickens alone. As far as I know he hasn't humped any of the birds (altho he humps everything else)!
lol.png
Check the ears and tail when your chicks hatch rustyswomen!

Bantimna - I'm not real knowledgable in genetics but I do know that it has something to do with the Andalusian blue gene in their genetic make up where a blue bird crossed with a blue bird will result in 50% blue, 25% black and 25% splash birds. And in the case of laceing will be either blue laced, black laced or splash laced (sometimes referred to as white or buff laced). Not really sure if the splash is just the absence of the dominant blue gene or not? Hope this helps a bit.

Edited to add: Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Would love to learn more about this too!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes the Splash variation a little better? The white against the red seems a lot more striking.

Hi Jane!!!! Here are your Grandbabies!!! As they develop I will post more. Aren't they beautiful? Is there any way to tell the splash from the red at this young age? By the way--9 out of 10 hatched!! Excellent fertility Jane!

33539_dscn2493.jpg

33539_dscn2493.jpg

33539_dscn2489.jpg

33539_dscn2498.jpg

33539_dscn2501.jpg

33539_dscn2502.jpg

33539_dscn2496.jpg

Back
Top Bottom