Pics of my BLRW's!

lol.png
its those roo's...they grab your heart and don't let go!

Hi! I took some pictures of the babies growing up and feathering out. Some have different patterns and colors and I need your help Jane (or anyone else!) in knowing who is who and what color they are.

Also I have two single combs. I heard that I should save them for "fertility" reasons? Right?

Here they are:

33539_dscn3787.jpg

33539_dscn3790.jpg

33539_dscn3797.jpg

33539_dscn3811.jpg

33539_dscn3812.jpg

33539_dscn3816.jpg

33539_dscn3822.jpg

Wow they're really growing up! You seriously cant tell anything at this age tho. They'll grow and change everyday! I'm gonna go back and look at some of my old pics of younger chicks and see if I can find any insights! I don't see any splash in there. What I've heard about single comb is conflicting sometimes. Mostly to just not breed it out of your flock completely. You don't necessarily have to keep them and I have heard both to keep them in your breeding pen and also to not use them in your breeding pen so this is an area I need to do some more homework. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in here.
They're looking really nice and healthy!

I seen BLRW's and pics,so I had to take a look,those are some very nice chickens. I have some in the incubator right now,it is my first time trying to hatch shipped eggs.I started with 21 eggs and I threw 5 out after the first candling and 2 more look iffy.The rest of the eggs look good so far,I do not know what kind of hatch rate you get from shipped eggs,but right now I'm at 67% to 76% depending on the 2 iffy eggs,and I'm not even close to lock down.The hard part is just waiting 13 more days after seeing your pics.Thanks!

Those are really nice looking chicks Germaine! Here's some at 3 weeks last March. These all ended up being a really nice blue and the one splash. She was beautiful. Had beautiful lacing and nice type but I had to cull her cuz she was a bit wry tailed. The only thing I could tell was the ones with the more defined lacing at this age ended up roos. Need to do some more research. Need to hatch some more eggs!

082-1.jpg

091.jpg

094.jpg

098.jpg

099.jpg

113.jpg

Back
Top Bottom