PICS of my blue Orp roo and splash hen Miss Prissy check it out :D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Ok I finally got NEW pics of the roo I hatched out literally. He was in his shell for four days after his estimated hatch time and he was a fighter! I had to hatch him out totally because I lost humidity and the membrane dried out totally. Here he is today just as healthy as can be [​IMG] My son just LOVES the chickens as you can tell. He can't seem to NOT pet them.

ETA they are both 14 weeks old [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is my splash hen Lexi She is just chillin and enjoying her modeling moment LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  2. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    Cool Birds

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Once your cockeral starts feathering out with his mature feathers you won't recognize him. Nice pair. [​IMG]

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I'm thrilled with his comb...it's just perfect. And he's already gotten darker so I can't wait to see him when he's older [​IMG] Every day it seems he changes. We have been pulling him out of the coop and playing with him in the house LOL (not on the carpet obviously lol) I want to be sure he's good with Nic (my 4 yr old) and is used to us. I don't ever want to have to get rid of him so I'm hoping he stays nice and shy like he is now. We just love him and Lexi. [​IMG] If anything happened to either of them I know my son would just be devastated. They are HIS birds as he says. He got to help hatch the blue roo out and he will always remember that I think. He talks about it all the time.

5. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

So pretty! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by