Pics of my blue silkie house pullet <-----------------------------

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bammony, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    She was brought inside to let her frozen crest thaw and has ended up staying. This is "Blue". She is such a sweet girl! I had to keep pushing her back to get these pics because she kept trying to get onto my lap. Who knew a house chicken would be so fun?! Please excuse the Christmas junk in the background.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Laura, those silkies just look bizzare to me. I suppose with time I'll warm up to that variety.

3. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Quote:You need to get yourself some silkies. Once you have them, you will love them..

4. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    I'll send you some chicks Mahonri and you'll warm right up! They're such fun little chickens.

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    She is soooo beautiful [​IMG]

6. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Her crest is huuuge!

Very nice! [​IMG]

7. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, to know them is to love them! I keep trying to leave mine in a coop but then I bring them back inside:p I really miss the biggest lil cockerel I named "Falcon" as when he started making noises, it sounded like a falcon or hawk. Now in the mornings, he and I practice crowing together. He tries first and it sounds so pitiful like a dying drowning strangled something or other a million years old. Then he looks at me and its my turn;) Then he tries harder... [​IMG]

The lil girl is sweeter than melting butter or sweeter than powdered sugar...her guy hasn't started making noises yet and I think the one with Falcon is also a boy but I keep changing my mind...it'd be wonderful if it was also a pullet but I'm still leaning towards a cockerel.

Thank you Tori, for So Much FUN!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  8. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    Quote:She does have a very nice crest. I just wish I knew how to clean it and keep it that way. [​IMG]

9. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    Quote:That is so cute! You should get a video of it!

10. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    This is her pen mate. I have a cuckoo roo covering both of them and he is also quite a looker! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by