pics of my bobwhites.taken today 6/30/10.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by thechickenguy, Jun 30, 2010.

1. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Songster

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    i got 60 some replacements today and about 30 or so about a month ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwww, they're cute! [​IMG]

3. JJMR794

JJMR794 Crowing

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    PRECIOUS LIL MONSTERS ARENT THEY? [​IMG]

4. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Songster

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    And by monsters do you meen mean as hel*?No.Actually,there not mean at all.At least not this bunch of babies.The ones that my grandfather got off of Ebay as eggs were mean as hel*.Always fighting and pecking eachother.Theses ones are actually nice and not very skiddish.But they wheren't to sure about the black thing with flashing lights.That's why there hiding on the other side of the box. [​IMG]

5. thecityman

thecityman Chirping

Jun 14, 2010
    Orlinda, TN
    LOVE those pics...I've got one quail and 3 due today! OK, so I'm not quite at your scale, but fun nonetheless. Quick question....are those wood chips or is that just a press-board that they are on? It looks fairly smooth and flat, so I'm suspecting flat board. But if not, I'm wondering how you (and others) like the chips fora breading box. when I use them it seems that my chicks a) tend to EAT it (though it doesnt seem to hurt them) and also often end up scratching barespots in it, and as a result have big smooth areas (the placstic bottom of the brooder) and I worry about spraddle leg (I had one get it once). thanks

6. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Songster

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    there on pine shavings.

7. _Randall_

_Randall_ Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:Chickenguy, if they keep their good behaviorial traits on up into adulthood, I would love to contract a few of them to come teach about 220 or so of my little terrorists some anger management. [​IMG] Congrats on the new addition!

8. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Songster

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    Quote:Chickenguy, if they keep their good behaviorial traits on up into adulthood, I would love to contract a few of them to come teach about 220 or so of my little terrorists some anger management. [​IMG] Congrats on the new addition!

Alright, :)

9. p.james

p.james In the Brooder

Apr 3, 2010
    MS
    Quote:You could try using oats. That idea came from a thread several weeks ago so I can't take credit but my first hatch of 40 is doing nicely and there is not any danger when they eat it.

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

What kind? I have Ga. Giants.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by