Pics of my cakle surprise

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mamato3, May 26, 2010.

1. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    Ok here is the pics i dont expect you guys to guess the breeds. But if you see something let me know. Know the only thing i need to know is do i have ducks or geese?? Ive never had any before so im unsure what i got lol. I was thinking Chinese or the embden goose is what i got but then after looking at cackle they do look like the pekin or fawn runner. I know there not the greatest pics i only have a camra on my cell phone.
    I got 2 surprises total of 75 chicks i think 4 geese?? and 4 BBWs i bought 2 bourban red turkeys also.
    From what i can id iv got white cochins, Partridge cochins, Lakenvelders, silver lace polish, Easter eggers Houdans, silver laced and gold laced wyandotte, I think i got some hamburgs, spitzhaubens, Australorps and some black gaints. Ive got a bunch of chickmunk chicks some have a single comb which can be 1 of 20 or so breeds they sell

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. buglit

buglit Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2009
    Hendersonville, NC
    very cute. what are you going to do with them all?

3. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    I think they are ducks.

4. mamato3

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    buglit
    Were going to eat the bbw turkeys and any extra chickens that we dont want and wont sell. Was going to sell the ducks/ geese but there sooooo cute and friendly i think my kids and hubby will kill me if we got rid of all of them so might keep a pair. Im keeping the cochins as long as there mostly hens for sure love there feathered feet. and some of the rare breeds i will keep or the neat looking ones. But alot i will sell i just did this to see what i will get and my kids love having them around.

5. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    that looks like its to small to be a goose so probably a duck [​IMG]

6. SugarDuck

SugarDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Lamar, AR.
    The ducks look like our Pekins did at that age.

7. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I bet pekin duck

8. mamato3

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    so maybe there pekins lol tells you what i know. Off to read up on pekins

9. clacasse88

clacasse88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    I'm so jealous. I had ordered the Cackle Surprise & then cancelled as I'm overrun with chickens before that surprise!!! Wow! It looks like a lot of fun!!!! Enjoy them. [​IMG]

I'll have to see about next year.

10. PoultryLover007

PoultryLover007 Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    You have a darling duckling [​IMG] i'd agree and say peking as well...Although my runner looked similar but with a slight more of a lowered tail ......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by