Pics of my Chicken on a lead

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by firedancer57, Sep 22, 2010.

1. firedancer57

firedancer57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Lurking in the corner
    Following a couple of pictures of our house chicken outside wearing her combination diaper and lead. She loves going outside and knows that when she gets her diaper on shes going outside.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made her several diapers, This one is flames..[​IMG]

2. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Is she a house chicken then?

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Long ago I used to walk my pet chicken with the same get up-minus the diaper. People would stop to take pictures of the fat chick walking the little chick. Florida's best kept secret.

4. OMG... i had to giggle at the diaper. It looks so da$% funny. I have thought about getting one for my bird, but now i HAVE to. [​IMG] How does she do on the lead?

5. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    That is sooo cute!!!!!

6. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    I am going to have to print that picture!! My grandaughter nearly feel out the other day when we drove to town. We are getting two new pet stores in town and I was telling her I thought I would get a harness for one of the hens and put her on a leash and take her to the new pet stores......she could not stop laughing!!! Will print and save a picture for her!!

7. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    She is beautiful and obviously very fashion conscious, but why does she wear the diaper outside instead of in the house? Or does she have different outfits for in and out? I always joked about getting a baby stroller so I could push Speckles along wherever I went. I thought she would be more protected from dogs or whatever when we walked and I knew it would be so much fun to see people's reactions when they peeked in to see my "baby"! (Which she was and a very sweet baby at that!)

8. firedancer57

firedancer57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Lurking in the corner
    Thank you for all the comments on "Zee" in her diaper and lead.

:theoldchick": I would have loved to see that [​IMG] because I get some real looks too! [​IMG]

"fishnet1971" She does really well, as long as it is where she wants to go. Actually it's more for her protection right now, we've had a lot of falcons and hawks around here recently, so I feel much better with her on it.

"specklesmom" Thank you, she is quite the Diva ! She has three diaper/harness combos; Black, for evening wear. Western theme, for Friday nights and of course her Flames, when she feeling really "Hot"! [​IMG] I couldn't find a harness made for chickens, the "flight suit" our parrots wear are basically the same thing with a lead, so Zee's diaper/harness thingy.

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That is so cute! [​IMG] I would bring my girls to the pet store as well! It would let people see just how great chickens REALLY are!! [​IMG] thanks for sharing.

10. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

Reminds me of Seinfeld [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by