1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics of my chickens :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by IcedMochaChick, Nov 23, 2008.

1. IcedMochaChick

IcedMochaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    I really love having the chickens around. I just wanted to post some pictures of my cuties [​IMG]

Here are "The Peeps", my mother's two silkie chicks.
    [​IMG]

Here are our girls, Lupe the EE and Barbie the silkie. Barbie is the one that rolled down the chicken ramp her first time [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Lupe coming down the ramp. I'm going to put some "steps" on it so Barbie doesn't have such a tough time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking! Tomorrow, I'll post pics of the run we just put up [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    They are just beautiful! I love those Silkies and Lupes color is great.

3. nerfy

nerfy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    Just love those fuzzy lil babies!

4. IcedMochaChick

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    Thanks! These are our first chickens and we really love them. They're so fun to watch, and the chicken noises are the best!

5. IcedMochaChick

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    I totally lucked out and found an 8'x8'x6' dog run on craigslist for $75! The girls love it!

[​IMG]

I still need to cover it with some netting. We have hawks, even in the city. I'll put a skirt of hardware cloth around the bottom, too. Keep those predators out!

[​IMG]

It's really hard to get a good pic of the girls, especially Barbie. She's a real "close talker", she's gotta be right on you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think Lupe is molting. She's losing feathers like crazy, and she hasn't laid any eggs yet. I wonder how long it takes?

6. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    AWWW!!

they look so happy!! i'm so happy they have such a great home with you!! let me know when you're ready for more!!

7. Wow, that is a perfect setup for those little evil silkie birds.
    They are very pretty. congrats on your ability to get this done for yourself and in the city too !!!

8. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    it's cuteness i swear it is!! [​IMG]

9. sweetpeasmom

sweetpeasmom Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2008
    Silkies are my favorite. I love them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by