Pics of my chicks and dogs! (They met today and all survived!)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by serena763, Jun 25, 2010.

1. serena763

serena763 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2010
    I started my slow introduction of chicks to my doggies today...happy it went well! Magnum my oldest could have cared less after a few sniffs and curious looks. Melina my 1 year old was curious and not sure what to think about them....the chicks snuck through the chicken wire and were under her feet before I knew it (how could they have no fear?? She's huge!!) and she just stared at them...thank goodness! It almost gave me a heart attack...little sneaky chicks!! Here are a few pics:

They obviously could have cared less about the dogs they fell right asleep as they were being sniffed from above:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Melina my 1 year old...I could see the wheels turning, "New squeaky toys??!!"
    [​IMG]

Magnum 10 y/o
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Love the chicks and the dogs!!!

3. Mandy1296

Mandy1296 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2009
    Jasper Georgia
    Love it!! Wait till they get a little bigger, it's so funny to watch my Layla try to sniff chicken butts... [​IMG]

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Lovely dogs! [​IMG]
    We had been buying our shepherd these toys called squeaky jacks. they tumble when you throw them and they squeak.
    Fast forward to a box of tumbling squeaking chicks...I only expected bad things.
    I guess we were lucky. She just seemed to know that those fuzzy yellow things weren't tennis balls.

The other weekend, I did not shut the latch all the way and had chickens in the garden corn. No carnage. She did not seem to care.
    We are lucky with our dogs. It seems you are too! Let's hope it keeps up! [​IMG]

5. serena763

Jun 11, 2010
    Thank you !! I am a proud mama of all my animals!! I'm hoping that every day small "chicken meetings" will get the dogs used to having them around and they can free range one day. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

6. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    too cute what type of chicke are the little yellow ones witht he pink on top of their heads

7. serena763

Jun 11, 2010
    The yellow ones with the red X mark were my "peanut" chickens...I ordered 5 and got 9 of these "peanuts" quite a suprise!! I have no clue what they could be?!?! I hope they are not roosters!!!

8. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    'Peanuts' usually are roosters but there's a 1 in 10 chance you got a pullet for a 'peanut'...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by