Pics of my chicks

WVChickenFarmer

Songster
8 Years
May 6, 2011
Union, WV
I think they are around 3-4 weeks old now. I'm not real sure on the age as I have no idea when they hatched. My best guess is 3 weeks since we have had them for 3 but they might be more like 4 weeks.

I'm also hoping maybe someone can help me out on what breed/s they are and if they are roo's or pullets.

Chick #1 (I'm think Roo on this one, he/she already has their wattles)
6-2-11threeweekschicknumber1.jpg

Chick #2 (I'm thinking Roo on this one too)
threeweekschicknumber2.jpg

Chick#3 (this one we call "Five" I'm think maybe pullet?)
threeweekchicksnumber3.jpg

Five (again)
threeweekchicknumber3-2.jpg

Chick #4
threeweekchicknumber4.jpg

threeweekchicknumber4-2.jpg

Chick#5
threeweekchicknumber5.jpg

Some of the chicks together
threeweekchicks6-2-11.jpg

threeweekchickstwo6-2-11.jpg

threeweekchicksthree6-2-11.jpg

I am not sure
hmm.png
, it's kind of early to tell but I don't see any that shout cockerels to me except the second one, is it a barred rock?

Can't help with the sexes but the first one looks just like my buff orpington. The second one doesn't look anything like my barred rocks. Not sure of the others, hope someone else can be more help!

Ok, thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it. I thought #2 might be a barred rock to but now I'm not sure. Only reason I thought #1 or #2 might be a roo because they already getting wattles but the others are not.

I have no idea how to tell what breed they are. So thanks so much.
smile.png

Maybe I need wait little longer to know for sure or the rest might just be mixed breeds.

Could #1 be a copper maran's? I don't know all the specific requirement for it to be a marans but i know it has light legs like that one
#2 ?
#3 EE!!!
#4 BA?
#5 Um... lavender something?

Quote:
What is a BA? Sorry I don't know much about chicken breeds? lol

I have like 10 chicks all together but the others didn't want cooperate for pictures. lol

I should add 10 of the 4 week old chicks but also have 5 8 week old chicks which I believe are all red sex links. I need post pictures of them also.

Last edited:
Oh, ok. See there is so many breeds out there. I have no idea how tell them apart. We got them from a feed store. My husband was told they are "growers" whatever that is suppose to mean?

Thanks a lot for your help!! I'm pretty sure I have two of the BA's then. They pretty much look the same.
smile.png
Are they good egg layers?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom