pics of my chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by afj6710, Jun 22, 2011.

1. afj6710

afj6710 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Just 'cause I'm an excited new mama. They've been here for about a week and a half and we think they range in age from about 4 or 5 weeks old to about 8 weeks old - not sure on that, though. We have 5 barnyard mix - chipmunky heads with black and white barring on their wings, except for one who is more red - and 3 buff orpingtons and 3 "barred rocks" - either bad hatchery stock or not pure, their legs are pretty dark.

Just want to share a few pics! Sorry for the quality - all I have is a [email protected] p&s and can't get good shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    [​IMG]

3. Noobchick

Noobchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Creedmoor, NC
    Your coop looks beautiful! I love the natural branches. Hmmm. Now im thinking i should do that too. Lol

May I ask why you chose to use chicken wire instead of hardware cloth?

4. afj6710

afj6710 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    The coop was actually here when we moved in. It was built years ago but noone has had chickens in it for a couple of years and it needed a little fixing up. Most of the areas where there is chicken wire, there are actually multiple layers with space in between, so I'm hoping that will make it more secure.

The roosts were super easy. DH put them together in minutes from stuff that we had laying around here.

5. Cristin

Cristin Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    Hey theyre so cute! [​IMG] Look really well, your coop is brilliant, love the branches and stuff! Cristín x

6. discoveregg

discoveregg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    [​IMG] Those look like healthy, happy chicks...and cute too~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by