pics of my chicks

afj6710

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 2, 2011
Just 'cause I'm an excited new mama. They've been here for about a week and a half and we think they range in age from about 4 or 5 weeks old to about 8 weeks old - not sure on that, though. We have 5 barnyard mix - chipmunky heads with black and white barring on their wings, except for one who is more red - and 3 buff orpingtons and 3 "barred rocks" - either bad hatchery stock or not pure, their legs are pretty dark.

Just want to share a few pics! Sorry for the quality - all I have is a cr@ppy p&s and can't get good shots

75089_img_1129.jpg

75089_img_1131.jpg

75089_img_1136.jpg

75089_img_1145.jpg

75089_img_1154.jpg

Your coop looks beautiful! I love the natural branches. Hmmm. Now im thinking i should do that too. Lol

May I ask why you chose to use chicken wire instead of hardware cloth?

The coop was actually here when we moved in. It was built years ago but noone has had chickens in it for a couple of years and it needed a little fixing up. Most of the areas where there is chicken wire, there are actually multiple layers with space in between, so I'm hoping that will make it more secure.

The roosts were super easy. DH put them together in minutes from stuff that we had laying around here.

Hey theyre so cute!
smile.png
Look really well, your coop is brilliant, love the branches and stuff! Cristín x

Back
Top Bottom