pics of my chicks

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by joanm, May 23, 2007.

1. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    They all seem to be doing fine. They freak out though, when I stick my hand in the brooder!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    They're so cute!
    They'll get used to the hand, even more so if it brings treats!! [​IMG]

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    What breeds did you get? I know you probably posted it before but I don't remember. I have one maran that is being a bully and has made 2 of the other chicks beaks bleed. So she is in time out right now. I can't let it hurt my niece's blue silkie. Megan is 5 years old & is easy to get upset and crys for days if something dies. I bought the blue slkie for her for he birthday.
    So that one can't get hurt or die or I'm in trouble.

4. joanm

May 13, 2007
    they are 2 buff orps and australorp. That's not good with the beak bleeding! Is that normal? can I feed them egg yoke now?

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    yes I've read other people post that they have given them mashed up egg yolk. They would probably love it.

6. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Cute babies...you almost always get one who thinks they're Goddess' gift to Chickendom...It can take a while for them to get used to you. I held Tom and Jerry from the moment that they came home from school. Obelisk and Slifer were "chickens" not pets and I'm not sure about Penny. Slifer you could pick up and pet. Obelisk will be friendly when you have food or she's not feeling well. Penny will just stay underfoot.

7. zebrasueln

zebrasueln New Egg

May 24, 2007
    Southern Utah
    Baby chicks are fun! My babies also freak out at the attack of the BIG HAND. I have them eat some their feed from a dish while the BIG HAND holds the dish. They start to look forward to the BIG HAND it=FOOD.
    Suellen

8. joanm

May 13, 2007
    That's a good idea. I know this was posted before, but what are treats you can feed chickens? Also, can you feed chicks treats too?

9. Malibufarmer

Malibufarmer Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2007
    some good treats are hard boiled eggs choped up, letucce heads, any thing really but raw potatoes and onions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by