Pics of my Cochins

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mogrl840, Mar 29, 2011.

1. mogrl840

mogrl840 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Yuma AZ
    Here they are. They are so cute. One is way smaller then the others and I bought them all at the same time. I named her Midge

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    They are very pretty. I'm considering adding one to my want list.

3. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Where are you?????

I have Sweet Harry and he is a barred cochin. I looked everywhere for him a girl or a few girls!!! Now he only has one very sweet black cochin, Lil' Momma because Big Momma got taken by a racoon. Now the two of them are in my very secure chicken tractor awaiting their new home that WILL be safer.

Harry was Harriet forever. I had no idea and posted pictures and everyone else thought hen. But, he ended up roo and I had to find him some girls of his own!!

4. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Here is what I think I learned.....lighter boys, darker girls.....I THINK I have learned that.

5. mogrl840

Mar 8, 2011
    Yuma AZ
    I am in a small place called Yuma Arizona. I have lots of other chickens but these are my cutest and favorite. Mine are all hens and iv been thinking of getting a rooster just to have chicks but idk

6. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    How ironic! I have a Cochin named Midge too! [​IMG] My Midge is a black Cochin bantam, though.

7. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    I just love the name Midge! [​IMG] Very cute chicks!

8. mycutekitties

mycutekitties Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    Sweet!

9. mogrl840

Mar 8, 2011
    Yuma AZ
    thanks everyone. IDK how the name came to me but it sure does fit haha I just love the way it looks like they have fuffy pants on. They are some of the cutest chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by