Pics of my coop and run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by momma's chickens, Jun 2, 2008.

1. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    This is my coop and run, it is working out wonderfully. I also posted this pics under the thread metal sheds, hopes this isn't considered double posting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  2. k0xxx

k0xxx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    North Central Arkansas
    Very nice indeed.

My only concern would be how hot an all metal coop may get in mid summer. But, as long as you monitor that they don't get overheated, you should be fine.

That being said, it looks great. Especially the artwork on the door. A very nice touch!

3. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    The coop is actually in the shade almost all day long. The trees don't show up in the pic. I keep a close eye on the temperature in there in the summer and winter. I have a fan I could plug in if need be. The girls are hardly ever in there though, they go out in the run at sun-up and don't go back in except to lay until sun down.

The artwork on the door is a result of me being bored one day. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I'd add some more ventilation, but other than that I think it looks wonderful. Great work [​IMG]

5. tnkinhunting

tnkinhunting Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Good work - I like it!

6. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I guess I didn't show the doors, they are the sliding kind. But we made a screen door that slips in the opening so there is a lot of ventilation.

Do you think the screen doors are enough?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by