Pics of my coop

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jmeeter88, May 12, 2009.

1. jmeeter88

jmeeter88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    New Hartford, NY
    Well, this is the chicken coop. The boards are holding the doors shut because I have yet to install proper latches. The hole in the foreground is where I will put a post and cement for a fence.

[​IMG]

Side view

[​IMG]

The chicks are very happy in their new home. They are definitely growing up quick. They have recently learned that they are not limited to a 'x' axis. They pop up in the air randomly, and are very excited about it.

[​IMG]

The feeders are rung from the rafters. This prevents the chicks from walking in the feeders and pooping in them. In their defense... They really don't know any better.

[​IMG]

The ceiling... Exciting right?

[​IMG]

Ventilation is very important in chicken coops. This vent lets hot air escape.

[​IMG]

Premium shingles from Lowe's. My first roofing job ever.

[​IMG]

2. luvanimals3

luvanimals3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Georgia
    Looks great![​IMG]

3. jmeeter88

Aug 18, 2008
    New Hartford, NY
    I also want to add, the wires hanging carelessly are not permanent. These are just temporary until I finish things the right way. [​IMG]

4. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    Looks great......I want one![​IMG] When I get the space......I wanna do the exact same coop.

5. Isaacman

Isaacman Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2009
    Austin
    Does it matter if you keep the food and water hanging?! i notice my chicks poop in their water and how high should i hang it from the ground?

6. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    That looks wonderful [​IMG] The only thing that I would be concerned with would be ventilation issues. You'll need some cross-ventilation. Such as another window or vent cut so that there will be an intake and out-take vent. I don't see another vent on the back wall and if there isn't adequate ventilation, your chickens will roast this summer.

7. jmeeter88

Aug 18, 2008
    New Hartford, NY
    I am going to add a little window with a screen in it. [​IMG]

8. Cyberous

Cyberous Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Your coop looks great!!

I like to hang my food and water.

Hanging the food keeps the rodents out, and hanging the water keeps them from kicking ALL the pine shavings into it [​IMG]

I had them low to begin with but have moved it up as they grow taller.

Don

9. misty7850

misty7850 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Fort Covington, NY
    Nice looking coop, I was gonna ask about the window, but I see you already answered that one [​IMG]

10. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Very nice coop and cute chicks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by