pics of my Discount Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by shellybean40, May 6, 2011.

1. shellybean40

shellybean40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    Here are a few pics of discount chicks. I am praying they are not meat birds, the lady at TSC promised me they came in labeled pullets. [​IMG]

What do you all think??Chick pile up!

[​IMG]

one of my sweet chickies

[​IMG]

2. shellybean40

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    Here is another pic of the feathers.

[​IMG]

3. shellybean40

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    Anyone know or have a guess as to the breed of these babies?????

4. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    There are a couple of white breeds sold there that look very much like the cornish cross when they're tiny. They could be Leghorns or the TSC "Tetra Tint" which I believe is a Leghorn cross.

5. egg_tastic

egg_tastic Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    NC Foothills
  6. jujubee

jujubee Feather Hill Farm

Mar 3, 2011
    They look like White Leghons to me. Commercial white egg layer. I prefer the Brown Leghorn. Great forager. TSC is pretty good at seperating the chicks when they come in. I doubt if they are meat chickens.
    Also if you ask for a copy of TCS invoice it will have the names of the breeds that came in on that date as well as a NPIP cert. Which all commercial hatcheries must provide to retailers.
    Good luck!

7. jujubee

jujubee Feather Hill Farm

Mar 3, 2011
    Yes my TSC had some Tetra Tiints as well that they were selling for $1 each last weekend. You will very quickly be able to see little black splashy,spots in the feathers. I had some a few years back. Layed eggs like there was no tomorrow! Pretty, vey light cream egg shell.

8. shellybean40

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    All of the pics of white leghorn chicks show yellow legs, and my chicks have very pink legs. Perhaps it is their young age? I am going with Tetra Tints. Time will tell!

Thanks for the input!

9. Keileigh

Keileigh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    The Upcountry
    You are SO bad! I was perfectly content with my seven little 4-week-old Comets, but I'm helpless to resist a bargain! So after you posted about discount chicks, I couldn't resist going back to TSC. Came home with six pullets that look just like yours and four gorgeous bantams. Knowing my luck, the bantams will all be roosters, but we'll see... For fifty cents each it was worth taking a chance!

10. shellybean40

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    So, what do you think those sweet little yellow babies are??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by