PICS of my Ebden goslings

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Myst4, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Hi, I didn't hatch these babies(unfortunately) but I just wanted to share with you how cute they are.....so here are some pics of my 5 goslings...about 1 month old.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aren't they adorable? My chickens seem to like them too!

2. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Those are beautiful. Great pics!

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    What are you doing in my yard taking photos of my geese? LOL

They are darling. I have 8 embdens growing out now too. [​IMG]

4. Myst4

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:LOL...they are wonderful birds aren't they? We are so "inlove " with them...just crazy about them. They are our new babies! You have 8? wow....that's great! Apparently,I was told that the females are hatched with gray down and the males are pure yellow. I was also told by the same person(of whom we bought them from) that one is a gander(the yellow one) and the other 4 are girls.....hmmm wonder how true this is. I hope he is right!

5. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Very cute! I have 2 embdens and 2 toulouse. They are getting the feathers in now. I had them out in the yard this evening and was allowing them to run around and eat all the grass they wanted. [​IMG]

6. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Quote:These two are my favorite pics! They are absolutely ADORABLE!!

The little wannabe "swan" ...and "what you say?" Cute as can be!! [​IMG]

7. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    y is 1 soo much smaller dan da rest??

8. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:Do they really have all yellow down if they are male? I have 4 embdens left and all of them had gray and yellow down, but some were darker than others. I think that would be amazing (odds wise) if all of them were female! [​IMG] But I was hoping for at least one male in the bunch.

9. Myst4

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:some had different mothers. I was told that 1 hatched on May 24th,another on the 25th....another 2 days later and the other 2 hatched 4 days later than that. So they are all different ages per say. I was wondering the same thing when i got them. Then I asked about their hatching dates.

10. Myst4

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:Do they really have all yellow down if they are male? I have 4 embdens left and all of them had gray and yellow down, but some were darker than others. I think that would be amazing (odds wise) if all of them were female! [​IMG] But I was hoping for at least one male in the bunch.

that's what I was told...and one of mine has no gray on it at all.....all of the others(4) have gray.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by