Pics of my fantail x hungarian giant mix.

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by muscovy94, Oct 11, 2010.

1. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Hey everyone. His mom is a black fantail and his dad (RIP) was a beautiful black and white hungarian giant.

Here are some pics of everyone

Mom
    [​IMG]

Dad (RIP) THis pic is right before he died. He had a broken wing.
    [​IMG]

Baby Pics...

When he was young

[​IMG]

Now a young adult...

[​IMG]

I think its interesting that as a baby he was pure black but it seems like everyday he is gradually getting more white like his dad. I hope he colors out like his dad!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  2. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    He will continue to get more white because both he and his father have the tiger grizzle gene. Every feather that looks just barely grizzled should turn solid white.

3. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    He's pretty

4. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Quote:Yay! I just loved the fathers color. I'll post new pics periodically as he gets more white. He is literally getting more white everyday. Should he get as much white as his dad was or will he have more black, since his mom is black?

ETA: Is tiger grizzle dominant? Since The baby ended being tiger grizzled like his father was, will all of the baby's offspring be tiger grizzle? (I hope so!)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  5. indianft lover

indianft lover New Egg

Nov 14, 2010
    Seguin Texas
    I just have to say very nice in deed. I am mixing the same breeds and well no babies yet but now i know kinda what i will get. Thanks for the pics. I have heard that many breeders have mixed these to bulk up the indian's size. Would love to see more offspring, and or hear more about why you did this cross? It seems that mom has something other than just Indian in her?? I am Will from Texas and well i can only find smaller variety called a "Mindian" not as imprressive as the larger kind I see on occasion. Hope to hear from you sometime. share pix and or breeder info???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by