Pics of my flock, babies AND the big girls.. WARNING**pic heavy**

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thndrdancr, Sep 23, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Ok, some updated pics of my chicks...

Lily is 2 days shy of 3 weeks, Dash (the showgirl) 4 days shy.

A couple of days ago

Lily trying to eat my lips and teeth...

[​IMG]

Lily again trying to check out my face, Dash trying to do what Lily does but ends up looking more like a bat than anything!

[​IMG]

Little Dash...

[​IMG]

From this evening...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sis thinks Dash looks like a werewolf, in this pic she really does! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my big girls..Fussy and Red

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  2. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    The show girl is so small!!
    Great pics jill, but I have to make a request, can you take a close up of fussy in profile, Theres something there I'd like to see closer, the whiteish spot on the side of her head; what is that?

Very nice looking flock you have going.
    My kids saw the pics and want to know how you keep them from running away.
    They asked if yours are free range chickens.
    hehe.

3. barg

Apr 27, 2007
    Also, I'm ready to put my money down on pullet on the BR, what kinda odds are we getting on that at this point?
    hehe

4. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    i think thats her earlobe. she doesnt appear to have any beard or muffs, so that white dot is her earlobe. i have to dig through piles of feathers to find my EE's earlobes [​IMG]

5. barg

Apr 27, 2007
    hehe, thats why I want to see a closer pic, I cant find esther's earlobe at all and want to see what it is exactly that i'm looking for [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    lol No, you can tell your son I dont free range. I just let them out for about an hour a day and stay with them. For some reason they are pretty attached to me and dont really like it when I get out of their sight! [​IMG] Thats only because of Fussy for the most part. Red tries to do her own thing.

When I had Fandango she followed me everywhere, I was very worried about how I would keep them in check once she passed, but Fussy started using me as Fandango's replacement, thank goodness.

I was very lucky, twice now I have accidentally left the top of the pen open when I went to give them treats, and they were out for a couple hours each time, and didnt wander off. I think Fussy heard me in the kitchen and so wouldnt go any further than the front iris garden, which she can hear me thru the front windows. They mind better than any dog I have had, but sometimes I do have to heard them back into my yard line, Red seems fascinated by the neighbors back yard (no fence). [​IMG] They dont wander into the street, but I did quite a bit of training on the curb line, it took quite a while and a few "chicken spankings" if you can believe it. I tell ya, they REALLY hate being spanked! [​IMG] It didnt take many, I think only two! Its tuff for them too, I have a flowering vine around the mailbox that they love, but anymore they just stay away from it. We live on an extremely busy street so it was necessary to do that much.

Oh and the white thing is Fussy's earlobes, kudos to Rosy! I think I did a close up tonite, I said..."smile" and she actually looked UP at me! For once. She hates the camera. Is this better? Ooops, sorry, try again

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  7. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Mom calls these pics: Chickens in the City

They are dustbathing, and having a grand time of it. We are in a residential area, but a busy street and businesses directly on our left side, to the north. Across the street in front to the east is a dance/exercise studio. To the north and catty corner are a car wash, bbq joint, and a filling station.

To our south and to our west, we have houses. Go figure. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. barg

Apr 27, 2007
    Ok I have my ammunition, tomarrow i'm going to take another look and see if I can find that earlobe.
    Thank you for the pics, I have never seen a while earlobe before.

9. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    You know, I didnt know what it was for the longest time either! [​IMG] Hers is very obvious. I can try to take a better pic tomorrow if you need, but the skin is very crinkly in that area, with several folds of skin so you should be able to find it I would think.

On the other hand, I cant find Fussy's vent. Same problem..feathers, lol, so if your chicken has 1/2 as many feathers round her ears as my Fussy does her backside and bottomside, then good luck! [​IMG]

10. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Wanted to put this on first page so Cyn can see her grandchick! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by