Pics of My geese!

Rosecomb-Ryan

East Indie Crazed
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento CA
I figured I would put some pics up of my geese! ENJOY!
smile.png

045-3.jpg

Lavender Ice Americans
044-4.jpg

Yearling Pair of Egyptians
053-2.jpg

Barnacle and Cacklers
054-2.jpg

Canadian
062-1.jpg

Brown Chinese

Nice looking geese. I like Canada and cackling geese, too. The ones near me are so docile towards people. The Chinese ones are always entertaining.

I love geese! I've been wanting some Pilgrims for a while....but not yet, we have plenty of birds right now. We just watched the movie "Fly Away Home" the other night... I never get tired of watching it...such a cute movie and fascinating to read about the Operation Migration project.

So Jealous. I just came looking for pics of Chinese geese in the hope it may help me determine the sex of my one. After seeing your fellow I am more convinced I have a female- she is still only young but had nowhere near the height- or the beak knob that your boys does. he is stunning.

Gorgeous, gorgeous!

I did have a question though about the Brown Chinese gander. I too have a Brown Chinese. He was an accidental acquisition. I bought some Roman Tufted eggs and imagine my surprise when he popped out. LOL

Anyway, my Brown Chinese's knob isn't quite as large as your boys but he's only about 7 months old. His behavior is "gander-like". That's why I'm assuming he's a gander. His name is Bugle boy. LOL

Do their knobs get larger with age?? I wasn't thrilled with Bugle when he hatched but I most certainly do adore him now.

Laurie

Very nice birds indeed. What is the temperment of the Canada Geese. I read that they are docile..is it true?

On the Show Chinese the males Knob starts to get bigger and sometimes oddly shaped with age.. My male is 3 years old.

On the Canadians.. well IMO they are far from docile.. They love to argue with all my other birds. They are almost worse then my Egyptians.. Very mean to the ducks and chickens but fine with other geese. They live in their own pen now..

Very Pretty! Your brown china looks very dignified, lol. My mom is in love with the canadians, one day i hope to get some Cackling geese for her
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom