Pics of my injured male peacock

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by faizan, Dec 3, 2011.

1. faizan

faizan Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2010
    he was eaten by Dogs...i saved him from them...Injury was so deep that everything he ate was fallen down from that area...I contacted vets but they all were like " injury is so deep...he'll not survive" ...then a friend of mine who is a human-doctor himself, did a surgery and stitched the wound....after 2 weeks or so the stitches were broken... then i consulted a vet who did a stitched the wound...
    Its been more than 3 months and he's fine now i have been using a spray which was recommended by the vet and gave anti biotics for a few weeks......I got him an Indian blue pied female...

I took this photo when the injury was around 2 weeks old...
    Now he's fine..i'll upload the latest pics... he's grown blue feathers on it...now it looks as if there was no injury at all...

[​IMG]
    that purple color is the vet anti biotic spray
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    That was a heck of an injury! He is a lucky bird.

3. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Wow, amazing recovery! Handsome boy, I would have done whatever I could to save him also! Nice save, big high-five to you and the human doctor friend!!! [​IMG]
    Obviously that bird was not meant to die, so I hope he and his new pied girl produce lots of adorable chicks for you, you definitely deserve them!!!

Just curious what is the spray you used? Sounds like something I need in my Bird First Aid Arsenal!

4. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    This is amazing! It just goes to show you that animals can pull through even the worst of injuries with some help. You are so awesome for saving his life and even getting him a peahen. I hope you enjoy him and the peahen and we will help you out raising your new birds.[​IMG]

5. DreamBird

DreamBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2011
    New Caledonia
    Wow...It scares me a bit to imagine how the wound looked like when it was "fresh" D:
    I'm really relieved you saved his life. Heh, proves that vets aren't always right when they say : "It won't survive". ;P
    Beautiful bird, I'm truly glad he lives. :'D

6. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Great job! It's amazing isn't it? How they can recover like that? So glad you're getting him a mate! He'll be so happy [​IMG]

7. faizan

Aug 10, 2010
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Hello guys, it's been more than a couple of years that this peacock is still alive..he was almost dead and vets were unable to do anything about the injury... Human surgeon did the surgery and now it's doing great!!!

8. BYC-user-174785

BYC-user-174785 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    Wow what a beautiful and lucky peacock! Thank you for not giving up on him! I hope he continues to have a great life and live many more years. Does he have any peahens?

9. Joe.G

Joe.G Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    Eastern NY
    Thank you for following up, It is always nice to have a ending. Congrats on keeping your boy alive.

10. faizan

Aug 10, 2010
    Y
    Yeah he has one peahen and she's started laying eggs!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by