PICS of my Marans/buff Silkie roo crosses

JudyMcKinn

Songster
13 Years
Jan 24, 2007
SW MO
Well, I have a few more pics to show. Here are 2 shots of my 6 Silver Laced Wyandottes I got at the hatchery--they are about 5 weeks old now. They seem flighty, and very curious and interested, etc. I get the feeling they may be the yard bosses when they are grown. How is the personalities of your SLW's?
DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

Here are my 2 light colored chicks that hatched from the cucoo Marans hens and my buff Silkie, Maurice. The first is "Bandit". The other isn't named. Any suggestions?

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

Here is one of the 4 identical black Marans/Silkie cross chicks.

DSCF0005.jpg

And here is the RIR chick I got from Cackle hatchery. She isn't as dark as I thought she was, going by her fuzz--she is feathering out lighter. AND, I thought I was selecting from the pullet pen. Shouldn't she have some tail feathers if she is a pullet? She is about 2 weeks old.

DSCF0006.jpg

I'd be happy to have any comments, both positive and negative.

Last edited:
Hey Judy! My wyandottes seem to be very bold and out going. Not so much skitish. Just they have their own wills lol. They do what they want when they want. My GLW from Cackle goes broody every year
tongue.png

Good Luck with your chicks. Here are 2 of my SLW hens from cackle.
NewChookPics011.jpg

big_smile.png

SAMcopy11.jpg

That's sure a pretty feather pattern on your hen, Sam. I think I said mine are from Cackle, also, didn't I? So mine will probably be a lot like yours. Do you know anything abour RIR's? The tail situation?? LOL

I have - I think - 2 RIR, one is the same color as yours, one is a little lighter.
They're a week and a half old - this is Cali, the lighter one - this is the only pic I have of her tail.

Caliweekandahalfold.jpg

Back
Top Bottom