pics of my mysterys hens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chick_in_Indiana, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Chick_in_Indiana

Chick_in_Indiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    Snowflake (white) is mixed but I dont know what with. Any ideas. They are both small bantams. sweetpea is pure something. I've never seen a chicken w/ such a red face. But then again I've been doing the whole poultry thing less then a year.[​IMG] Thanks.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

First one looks like a Buff Brahma and the other one could be a Lt. Brahma mix, possibly.

3. Chick_in_Indiana

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    dont brahmas have feathered legs. she has clean.[​IMG]

4. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Yes, but you could not see her feet in the original pictures. Anyway, it looks like you probably just have two Easter Egger hens - Any breed crossed with an Ameraucana or Araucana.

5. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    Those look alot like my girls and they are Easter Eggers. But they are beautiful and lay the prettiest green and blue eggs for me.

6. speckledhen

She could be an Easter Egger, but she appears clean-faced(no beard or muffs) so that's why I said Brahma. All I was going on was the head pic. Some hatchery Brahmas have almost no foot feathering. I have a Buff Brahma with very little.

7. Chick_in_Indiana

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    snowflake lays small green eggs. sweetpea isnt laying this winter. I just got her in late sept. already full grown. thanks for your help.

8. flip9109

flip9109 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    st paul mn
    I have three just like her they are a little bigger than a dove. Black Tailed Buff Japanese Bantam. I also have two all black ones.

9. speckledhen

Then Snowflake could be EE/Brahma cross. You need to tell us these details so we can give you a better diagnosis. The green eggs would have been important to know.

10. sunnysidecluckers

sunnysidecluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

They sure are pretty!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by