Pics of my new baby chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by osukrazykate, Apr 11, 2009.

1. osukrazykate

osukrazykate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry everybody for my confusion! Right after I posted my message, I realized they didn't even work. UUUgggghhh! So I figured it out, except it seems to only let me upload one at a time. Is that correct? So I have been trying to upload them, but it has takien me some time and I have had to attend to the family for a while, plus tried and researched them more myself. I am so sorry!

So Now I am going to try and take my second attempt at posting the pics!

I need help identifying what type of Bantams I might have, they came from the feed store and they were called a Bantam Special from Ideal Poultry. Apparently, they are a mixture of purebred bantams.

1. This first one is mostly black w/ pale yellow on the face.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. This one is kind of a gray with maybe a hint of blue, but really fluffy and so cute!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What are you looking at me? Yeah, I know I am beautiful and a ham for the cam, oh wait I am a chick for the cam.
    [​IMG]

3. I have a couple like this type, sort of brownish and the wings are very interesting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. This one is red, but it seems a little more ruffled I am hoping it is something like a frizzle, but I am so new at this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Then I have these two very interesting ones, they are gray and yellowish on their heads, one is actually a little more reddish yellow on its head. It seems that their bodies are kind of gray with a yellowish overcoat or something.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now here is one of my Americauna chicks, this one is so super fluffy and a pretty yellow.
    [​IMG]

And here he is poking his head out of the cuddle.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  2. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    So many precious fluffbutts! Did you hatch them?

3. osukrazykate

I wish, but I bought them from the feed store yesterday. I have been going by there for the past month looking at their chicks almost daily. I think they were happy to see that I finally bought some and know I am not a crazy chick onlooker. I just really wanted to make sure I knew what I wanted.

4. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Hehe! I hope you managed to get all their pullets!
    Congrats [​IMG] I'm still waiting on a hatch and have had to hide my carkeys from myself to keep from going into TSC. I know the babies are there right now and that's too much of an instant gratification temptation for me!

5. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Cute overload!!

6. osukrazykate

Yeah, I am hoping I picked out a good selection of pullets myself, but my luck I have all roo's, hehehehe! Anyway, they are so very cute and I have a hard time getting other chores done, bcs I just want to watch them run all over in the tank. I do not know all the acronyms used on this site yet, can somebody please tell me what TSC stands for? I know it is some kind of store or feed mill or something that sells chicks from reading other posts, but just cannot figure it out on my own the actual words for the acronym.

7. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    Quote:Tractor Supply Co. purveyor of chicks... feeder of addictions... horrid place that makes my credit card scream [​IMG]

8. osukrazykate

Wow I can't believe I didn't think of that. I guess because I have not been to a TSC in a long while. I am not even sure if they have them here in Oklahoma. I just don't recall seeing one in many years. Maybe since I moved from my home state of Wisconsin. Thank you so much LovinMyPeeps!

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You've hit the motherload of cuteness!

10. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    [​IMG]

I don't know anything about breeds, but you've got some cuties there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by