Pics of my new cochins and easter eggers!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chicks4kids, Dec 3, 2009.

1. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I ended up getting 5 Cochins, 2 easter eggers, 1 Delaware, and 1 Delaware/Cochin Mix from a lady who had to downsize tremendously. I am keeping these seperate from my free rangers for right now. Especially because of the 4 younger chicks. I think the 2 lighter yellow/white colored Cochins are roos. They are super sweet though--they let the 4 little ones snuggle up underneath them for warmth. It's way too cute! Although I was told that the 2 in the last pic are easter eggers, I kinda wonder about the one on the left. The second to the last pic is of the one is question as well. What do you think??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The EE on the left hardly looks "eeish" for some reason. I love them, though! Especially the hint of red on the blue cohin heads.

3. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    None of your cochins are BQ. Pretty tho...

4. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW!!! I love your cochins..they are beautiful..I would love to have one in my flock...maybe some day. Thanks. Your chickens are beautiful.

5. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

I know nothing about what constitutes a "Breeder Quality" bird what so ever...all I know is what I like, and I like your new birds! [​IMG] I think ya done did good! Got any names for them yet?

6. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    The little ones are all named, but as far as the Cochins go, there's no names yet. They're adjusting really well, and today free ranged for a little bit with the rest of my birds. They had only one tiff, and it was quickly resolved.

Tomorrow I plan on integrating them into the big coop with the others. As of right now they are in their own coop so I could monitor their health! The big coop has a de-icer in a small pool (plastic approved) so they will always have water. I def. want to get the cochins and young ones over there soon...Temps were 27 today and water was freezing over quickly outside the little coop-inside took a little longer, but I know it will be frozen in the morning-it's supposed to be 18* tonight. Ick!

7. musicsmysoul

musicsmysoul New Egg

Dec 4, 2009
    MA
    So pretty!!

8. chris_m90731

chris_m90731 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    great Coloration!!!!
    :d

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by