1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PICS of my new hatchlings!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by beckyloveschicks, Aug 1, 2008.

1. beckyloveschicks

beckyloveschicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2008
    NC
    Here's the 5 who hatched yesterday/last night.
    [​IMG]

They are all mixed breeds. The daddy of the ones in the 4 corners is a White Rock and the mom is either a barren rock or this unidentified breed that we have The eggs are all brown and I have no way of knowing who layed what, you know. The one in the middle is a bantam and both his parents are barnyard mixes.

And I have 4 more in the bator, but I think only one is going to hatch. It has broken though the shell..there is a cracks about 1/2 inch wide going 1/2 way around it and you can see breathing going on, but I'm not about to help it!

And I have 11 more as of today waiting to go in!

2. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    How adorable!

3. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    the one in the upper right seems mad and the lower left seems to be saying " Who me , I didn't do it. "

and just for the fun of it top 2 roo middle pullet lower lrft ? I think roo and not sure on last one please let me know later if I was right on any of them I am getting somewhat better at my guesses 5 of 5 on pullets from stright run bin when I got my last chicks.

4. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Cuteness [​IMG]

The bottom left looks like a roo and the bottom right may be a hen just have to keep your eye on that one

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Sweet

6. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww cute congrats

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by