Pics of my new Ideal chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by muffi, May 21, 2008.

1. muffi

muffi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Ayer, Massachusetts
    As tygab mentioned in her "fun to watch" post, she and I split an order of chicks from Ideal through our local Agway. Like hers, mine too are amazingly active. They were so lively, stuffing their faces with food and taking lots of drinks. They did NOT want to hold still for their portraits, lol. Here's the best I could do! [​IMG]

This is Penelope and Sierra - Black Stars:
    [​IMG]

This is Goldie - Ameraucana:
    [​IMG]

And this is my FAVE, Chewie - Ameraucana:
    [​IMG]

Plus, as an added bonus, here's a pic of my 1.5 week old Brabanter, Kiwi, with a sprouting mohawk:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Awww, wittle babies...love em all but Chewie is my fav. Looks like he's saying..."sup"..hahaha

3. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    HOW CUTE!! i'm so glad your chicks look so good, i'm getting an order of 22 chicks from Ideal in june. how did the shipping go?

4. tygab

tygab Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    MA/NH border
    muffi, you have got the portrait mode down. I need to set something like that up, it's hard to get all their faces from above.

Glad to hear yours are settled in well!

I haven't named any yet. Their names will come to us.

NewChickenMom, they were shipped from Ideal on Monday to our local Agway in 2 days, and the shipment appeared to go very well (the store reported only 2 out of 200 did not make it). Mine have been eating, running, hopping, like crazy since getting them home. Course we'll know for sure in a few days.

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    aaaawwww what cute babies. I just love Chewy.

Your two black stars are adorable...one of them reminds me of my Australorps when they were babies. too cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by