1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics of my new Lydia Babies!!! (update-pics of my flock babies added)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by therealsilkiechick, Feb 24, 2008.

1. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i ended up with 4 gorgous silkie chicks and a beautiful little serama!!c[​IMG] here is some new pics of the babies now that they are up and running about. all are doing great, we are really happy and love them. [​IMG] we hope to get more little sweeties from u again sometime!!!
    Thanks Lydia!!!! [​IMG]
    silkie

[​IMG]
    all the babies

[​IMG]
    buff silkie and serama(we thought all white is starting to feather another color not sure what it is yet)

[​IMG]
    unmarked egg i think is a splash.

[​IMG]
    these ones are splash and gray.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Awwwwwwww they're so sweet and fluffy! [​IMG]

3. sunnysidecluckers

sunnysidecluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

They are soo adorable!!!![​IMG]

4. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    their cool silkie splash musta been a surprise one. congrats [​IMG]

5. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Very cute chicks. I have four due to hatch Tues. from Lydia. I think two whites a buff and I don't know what the other color is. I think blue.

6. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    thanks everyone!! [​IMG] there was 2 not marked so i wan''t sure just knew one was a silkie and the other a serama. it's lighter blue haze color so i'm not sure if it is splash or mabe a silver recesive, not sure till it feathers in some.

haha, u will love them when they hatch!!! that buff is just too awesome looking now, i can't wait to see it when grown!! they are even better in person i wish my flash would let me take really good pics of them. i wanna see pics of urs when they hatch too and can't wait!!
    silkie

7. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i got woke up at 3:45 am from peeping,lol. i jumped up to check see what the fuss was about (they was loud)and it wasn't the brooder they were all sleeping it was the sportsman, rotfl. i found 2 silkies and a showgirl hatched from my birds and another silkie about half hatched. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] will post pics tomarrow for those who wanted to see what my babies look like. this tired mom has got the babaies settled down some so i'm going back to sleep!

8. TB1

TB1 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2007
    Pa
    woo hoo Ma...way to go!!!!
    Teri

9. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    here's pics of the 5 babies from my flock. look at that little bitty showgirl!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] haha, they didn't want to hold still either for pics,lol. i'll update pics as they grow some too! we only lost 1 fully developed white silkie it internal piped. the others there was a few didn't hatch and stopped developeing a few days ago but eggs were laid in winter so we were happy any made it.

haha, this may sound funny anyone wanna guess what color that striped baby or the redish one will be?? i've never hatched those colors before. will edit with a couple more pics soon as they upload.

[​IMG]
    the showgirl is on the left and silkies on the right.

[​IMG]
    white showgirl and white silkie

[​IMG]
    what color is this one gonna be? any guesses?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by