Pics of my new Nigerian Dwarf kid! Need Help with a name.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by RedStickLA, Dec 18, 2008.

1. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] Here is my new baby girl! [​IMG] I just got her yesterday...she was born on 12/07/08. I am trying to come up with a name for her. Her mom's name is "Baby Ruth" and her dad's name is "Hot Tamale". So I am trying to come up with a "Candy" name.

So far this is what we have thought of...
    Twix
    Snickers
    Laffy Taffy call her "Taffy"
    Bit O Honey call her "Honey"
    Almond Joy call her "Joy"
    Peanut Brittle call her "Peanut"
    Ginger Snap call her "Ginger"

Y’all have any other ideas? [​IMG] Usually I have no trouble coming up with a name but everyone has a different favorite...so I am having a hard time deciding which one to pick. [​IMG]
    Mitzi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    She looks like she has on lipstick and eye liner! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] I have to post at least one pic of my other little girl too! Here is Bella...
    [​IMG]

2. Cackel

Cackel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    name her mollie

3. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Hey Mitzi - I don't know about a name but I know she's so cute I can't stop looking at the pics. I just want to eat her up. I think I would be cuddling with her and sleeping with her she's so adorable. Was she a twin or triplet or only kid? I can't wait till my Confetti has kids - should be a couple of weeks.

So I guess you will be bottle feeding?

For a name - how about Mary Jane?

4. RedStickLA

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Cackel...

I like Molly but can't use that cause my brother has a coon named Molly.

[​IMG] Mitzi

5. RedStickLA

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Hey Monique...
    She was a triplet, 1 boy 2 girls and she has been getting a lot of cuddling! Yes I am bottle feeding her...I am still bottle feeding Bella too. I have enjoyed it so much. I have fallen in love with these little goats! [​IMG]

I did not get her from Cindy but I spoke to her and I am putting a deposit down for a kid from one of her doe's that is due to kid in April/May.

[​IMG] You better post pics of Confetti's kids as soon as she has them! I can't wait to see what they look like.

I can’t use Mary Jane because it is my niece's mother-in-laws name and I am always keeping her children, my two great nephews and great niece. So I don’t want to name my goat after their grandmother. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Mitzi

6. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    she is beautiful I want some [​IMG]

7. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    I like Snickers as a name and as a candy bar.

She looks like a Chloe to though.

Ugh I want a baby goat now! [​IMG]

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Snickers or Carmello. She looks like a yummy carmel candied apple! Not that I'd eat her. [​IMG]

9. TubbyChicken

TubbyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    My two year old thinks you should name her "Peach" [​IMG]

10. babyboy1_mom

babyboy1_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    They are both so cute. I love the markings on your new baby.

I have been thinking about getting a goat, but have no experience with goats at all. I have been told that it is hard to keep them contained in their pen. I have read that it is best to have more than one, because one will be curious and get into trouble.....lol

I do have a friend that has goats, but all of his have big horns, which I do not like at all. I know that it is because I am not familiar with goats and am worried that either I will get horned or my son will get horned.

I see that you are from South LA, would you please let me know where you got your little girl from? I just might have to do some more research and think a little harder about getting a goat. If they are all as cute as the two that you have, then it will be very easy to convince me, now my DH is another story....lol

Thanks,
    Dorothy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by