Pics of my new snake rack, and some new pics of my snakies

Kanchii

Crowing
15 Years
Sep 8, 2007
San Rafael, California
The rack has 6 levels, and less than half of it is currently in use (one of the small tubs is empty) so I'll have a blast filling it up over the next few reptile shows! Woohoo!

9-04-09002.jpg

Cornelius' humble abode
9-04-09005.jpg

"*grumble* mom do you have to take a picture of me every day? I know I'm your favorite but jeesh!"
9-04-09004.jpg

This is Phoenix my Cayenne Fire Corn snake. This is her favorite place to sleep!
9-04-09001.jpg

"Ugh not the paparazzi AGAIN!"
9-04-09003.jpg

Gambit the Western Hognose:
9-04-09002-1.jpg

"I'm to sexy for my scales."
9-04-09005-1.jpg

And my camera died before I got to take pics of Pyro, so here's a pic of him from the last photoshoot:
8-20-09004.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! My kids loved it when I used to keep snakes as classroom pets. They especially loved feeding time, even if it was just thawed out fuzzies. The hognosed fellow is pretty interesting...I've only seen them in herpaquariums...didn't know people kept them as pets...

Quote:
Hognoses are very interesting snakes to keep, and are starting to get more popular! They look like rattlesnakes(minus the rattle and with a pushed up nose) and puff up hoods like cobras! They're rear fanged venomous but it's not something humans need to be worried about, just something to paralyze small amphibians and stuff that they eat in the wild. They're full of attitude but rarely actually aim to bite you, mine like to strike in my general direction but then take off, just trying to scare me. Plus they're small, so a great pet snake!

OMG JORDAN GET A TEGU!!!!
I'm so madly in love with them, I want one so bad xD If you get one, I'll come visit you to play with it (and to hang out with you of course! lawls) xD

I'm for sure going to the Sac show! So here's my looking for list: 1 sub - or -adult female western hognose, pair of leopard geckos, possibly a pair of albino hognoses but I'll probably have to save up for those for ages...

I'm really excited about getting a pair of leos, I'm thinking either tangerine or blizzard
smile.png
hopefully there's some adults there for sale

The rack is by animal plastics, it's their economy rack seen here: http://www.animalplastics.com/

Ugg
if I get another one I'm going to comission someone to build one for me... they're pricey.

Last edited:
Awesome rack!!

I never got around to building one, LOL, but may in the future.

Tegus, now those are interesting. I've owned two, an Argentine black and white, and an Argentine red tegu.

Let me see....

Ah.

tegutongue.jpg

7809890.jpg

Have to be frank, was not a huge fan of the Tegus. The breeders I know (and I know two of the countries TOP Tegu breeders personally, PM if you want to know who they are, I totally recommend them for getting a tegu and NO ONE ELSE!) really extol how great they are and how personable they can be but . . .

The black and white was an EVIL beast! Lol.

The red was MUCH more personable, but I just did not have the time to spend with him like I wanted to, so he found a GREAT home where he grew up to be a breeder.

Like I said, PM me and I'll point you in the right direction to get a Tegu.

Oh, and just a tip. Do NOT get a Columbian Tegu (Tupinambis teguixin), also called Golden tegus and are most often found in pet stores. They are NOT easy to handle and usually do not become tame at all. Stick with the Reds or Argentine Black and Whites. (Tupinambis merianae). There is some debate about the Blue tegu, I'd have to leave that up to someone more knowledgeable!

Quote:
LOL, my mom is definitely ANTI Tegu. They've got one at the pet store down the road and she is so beautiful. I actually had my buddy snag me a bit of skin she had shed and its sitting behind me now. Its really nice. But its definitely not set in stone, Im just looking at my options! I've got this big ol 6 ft long tank behind me with nothing in it! I dont think I'll decide until I get to the show and buy something though, haha.

Great! I cant wait to see you there. Ooooo, Leos. I used to have one and it was a devil! But they feel so cool. Im definitely wanting a lizard though, I have enough snakes right now, haha. Albino Hoggies are amazing, but way too expensive for my cheap self!
lol.png
But we'll see, you know how shows are! You tell yourself you wont buy anything and when you get there, you foam at the mouth and go insane, haha.

Oh cooooool, I lucked out with mine. My uncle builds cabinets for a living and he had all of the supplies to build mine. His boss charged us $40, I think. It holds seven 32? qt tubs.

Quote:
LOL, my mom is definitely ANTI Tegu. They've got one at the pet store down the road and she is so beautiful. I actually had my buddy snag me a bit of skin she had shed and its sitting behind me now. Its really nice. But its definitely not set in stone, Im just looking at my options! I've got this big ol 6 ft long tank behind me with nothing in it! I dont think I'll decide until I get to the show and buy something though, haha.

Great! I cant wait to see you there. Ooooo, Leos. I used to have one and it was a devil! But they feel so cool. Im definitely wanting a lizard though, I have enough snakes right now, haha. Albino Hoggies are amazing, but way too expensive for my cheap self!
lol.png
But we'll see, you know how shows are! You tell yourself you wont buy anything and when you get there, you foam at the mouth and go insane, haha.

Oh cooooool, I lucked out with mine. My uncle builds cabinets for a living and he had all of the supplies to build mine. His boss charged us $40, I think. It holds seven 32? qt tubs.

Waaaa I wish I got one from your uncle xD

Back
Top Bottom