pics of my newest babies!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenlisa, May 17, 2008.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    Here are a few pic of my baby chicks.some are a week(+ a few days) old and some are just a few days old. I love the one of the tiny Silver Phoenix "Boots b/c it had to wear a bandaid boot on its curled toes until today) and the big burly Black Australorp next to it. 1 week different in age and they look like David and the Giant!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here is the link to see all of the baby chicks and ducklings. http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/lisalaird/chickens/
    I'm
    open to selling most of the ducklings- 9 black Swedish or Cayugas...some are mixed-but most are Black Swedish and a few look like pure Cayugas with a faint buff color on the chest (so they may be a mix? Not sure-they are jet black otherwise...)
    Lisa

2. Adri

Adri Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2008
    Adorable! The size difference is huge, makes "Boots" look even cuter. Are those Naked necks at the feeder?

3. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    The light colored one is a NN X EE (daddy is a dark NN and mommy is one of my EE's.) The darker one is a Partridge Showgirl baby...from therealsilkie eggs. I hatched 2 of them and a blue silkie from her eggs. I absolutely love those chicks and feel wretched that i messed up the hatch by opening the bator. Many others would have hatched too had I not done that. Boots is so tiny I still worry about him/her in there. I keep checking to make sure all is well.

4. chick-e-chick

chick-e-chick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    uk
    They are so sweet! I love the one of the chick with the open beak!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by