pics of my pen in progress and my new mexican speckled bobs.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Little_Bigfoot, May 8, 2011.

1. Little_Bigfoot

Little_Bigfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Washington
    so if you have followed my threads i was building an 8 foot run, which ended up not being enough so i planned on building a four section pen but decided to make it a two section pen instead, still in progress i need to add the side walls (its just wire sides right now) as well as the poo trays , should have that done tomarrow, also added a pic of my "nesting box" which i made for the quail to get a chance to get away from me, the top opens so i can get eggs out, and a pic of my new mexican speckleds which a guy gave to me after i gave him some male coturnix quail, we seem to have a good barter system going he is getting a free pair of blue scales from me next lol, my next mission is finding mearns quail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    nice work, nice trade.

3. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    LOOKS SUPER BUT I WOULD CHANGE THE DOOR HINGES... SPASTIC AS THEY ARE A DOWN HINGED DOOR CAN BE RATHER UNWEILDY WHEN YOU GET THE IDEA TO SLAM IT SHUT TO PREVENT ESCAPE... SIDE HINGED WORKS BETTER AND TOP HINGED ARE GREAT... SIMPLY GET OUT OF THE DOORWAY AND THEY SLAM THEMSELVES--- JUST A THOUGHT [​IMG]

EDITED TO ADD: THEMS SOME PURTY LIL MEXICANS [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  4. Little_Bigfoot

Little_Bigfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Washington
    yep already thought of that, the outside doors open up and there is a wire sub wall that has a 6 inch by 4 inch opening for daily maintenance the inside doors that are down are for changing the waterers and cleaning the cage

5. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:YOU GOT THIS.. [​IMG]

MY NEXT SUGESSTION WOULD HAVE BEEN THE DOUBLE OPENING THING. I DO THAT ON MY HONEYMOON SUITES USED FOR BREEDING PAIRS... USE THE SOFT NETTING AND JUST MAKE AN OVERLAPPING SET OF INNER FLAPS.. SO I CAN REACH THRU THE OVERLAP BUT THEY CANT SPAZ AND COME OUT THRU IT. WORKS GREAT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by