Pics of my Pheasant Peeps!

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Birch Run Farm, May 10, 2009.

1. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Here's a group photo, they are being raised with two tufted araucana chicks and one blue ameraucana. The chicken peeps are a week older. One big happy family so far...

[​IMG]

The pheasant peeps are snuggle bugs.

[​IMG]

This one is a male, see his color difference and 'ring neck'? I think he is a melanistic but not sure.

[​IMG]

So I handle them along with the baby chickens several times a day to keep them tame. They will crawl into my hand on their own. I did make a toe splint for one of the girls, she hatched with one crooked toe.

All of them love small insects to chase and eat. I picked up some small crickets at the aquarium store and all the babies had a good time with that!

2. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    [​IMG]

You need more! [​IMG]

Congrats!!!

3. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Right you are, Ticks, but out of two and a half eggs this is all that hatched. I hate incubators. Maybe the mail service is messing up the eggs, I have had low hatch rates this year.

4. shawnkfl

shawnkfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    christiansburg, VA
    Quote:you got all of those out of 2 and ahalf eggs?? i hope i do that well with my pheasants! [​IMG]

5. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    LOL, two and a half dozen!

6. shawnkfl

shawnkfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    christiansburg, VA
    i've got 35 pheasant eggs in now due to hatch on the 24th-25th. i have a mix of blue backs, greens, melanistic, yellow, red and buffs. i'm hoping at least a few hatch out of these. this is my fist try at hatching, so we shall see. do you have any more pics?

7. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    So, little baby pheasants are sex-linked by color? My first hatch all were striped babies and my second that I got from Wilds of Pa, one was striped and the other a dark chocolate brown.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by