Pics of my poults

JulieNKC

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Kansas City
Just wanted to show off my poults. They are almost 6 weeks old, hatched for the easter hatch. I think I have a boy and 2 girls. One struts constantly, the other 2 never. When can I be more certain about their gender?

Thanks! They are mixes. I have a midget white hen but hubby wanted a not white turkey, lol so I hatched these guys. Hoping I have at least one boy and one girl out of the 3 I kept.
fl.gif

Like them, our adults are mixed females, they look like the golden phoenix on porters rare turkeys, the male is a standard bronze. The poults that hatched out look like sweet grass, royal palm and one looks like the bronze, not sure what the male to female ration will be yet on mine.

Heya Julie! Not to hijack your thread, but I thought I'd add a short, boring video of your poults' hatch sister, Ting. :) The video quality is dreadful, but you get the idea. She's fabulous. She seeks our company, gets along great with everyone, and as you can see, she loves napping in the sun. I LOVE her!
love.gif

Heya Julie! Not to hijack your thread, but I thought I'd add a short, boring video of your poults' hatch sister, Ting. :) The video quality is dreadful, but you get the idea. She's fabulous. She seeks our company, gets along great with everyone, and as you can see, she loves napping in the sun. I LOVE her!
love.gif
How sweet is that! My girls aren't as friendly, although they try their best to stay underfeet. The boy is still a cuddlebug though. I'm almost positive I have 2 girls and a boy now, the boy is still the only strutter and his head is turning red. So now I can figure out names, lol.

A boy and 2 girls for sure now.
big_smile.png
They are finally getting their pretty white tipped feathers in their tail too. And my tom did his first pathetic little gobble a few days ago.

Back
Top Bottom