1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics of my rescue chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 00 Turok, Mar 16, 2012.

1. 00 Turok

00 Turok Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2012
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    Not the greatest quality. I tried to get close ups of the feathers, but it won't focus when very close so this is the best I could do. Cheap camera.

[​IMG]

They don't like being separated. They peep like crazy if I take 1 out of the room & leave the other behind. The big 1 I named Feathers, because it started growing feathers 1st & likes to try to fly. Still thinking what to name the other. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close up of Feathers.

[​IMG]

Just cleaned their mini cooper & already they defiled it. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] FEEDING TIME !!! [​IMG] Real good view of the poo too. [​IMG]

2. 3LilBirds

3LilBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats on the new chicks! They are super cute!

3. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Oh, that's so cute too! It's bringing back memories of our first chicks - we got two, had a similar brooder set-up (it is going to get a LOT messier before they're out of there. :p) and our older one was called Feathers too. Congrats on your chicks, they look adorable!

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Are you planning on using those Cornish X chicks for meat, or just pets? : )

~ Aspen

5. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    You will find that you want more chickens after being around these two.

6. MadabtChickens

MadabtChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2012
    near Branson, MO
    Very cute! My 4 Delawares drove me nuts with how messy and stinky they got the brooder so quickly by the time they were 4 weeks old. They moved out to the coop a week later. I'm so glad it's warmer now. My 4 EEs will be out there as soon as they're mostly feathered out. Needless to say I do not enjoy the brooding part of raising chickens. I enjoy them so much more when they're not constantly making messes for me to clean up. [​IMG]

7. 00 Turok

00 Turok Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2012
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    Pets only... can't eat a pet. I got too attached the poopers [​IMG] besides... I don't like chicken.

When I was 15, chicken was on sale for 5 cents a lb & my mom bought so many birds, (to make a long story short) it took us 1.5 years to eat them all & she wouldn't buy any other kind of meat, because she was afraid they would somehow rot in the 2 floor freezers we had them in. So I got burned out on chicken, but the thing that clinched it was when I took a summer job cleaning chicken houses. [​IMG] They don't clean those houses until they sell the birds. You know how much poo 26,000 birds can leave behind in 8 weeks? [​IMG]I had to wear a full face gas mask just get within 30 ft. of the houses. Needless to say I only worked that job for 1 summer... just 1 summer... let me emphasize how I just lasted ONE summer. [​IMG] Accually I didn't even make it till August. When Texas temps got over 100 F in late July... the ammonia started burning my skin like I was at the beach. Even burned me underneath my clothes. After my last stint I said *BLEEP* this & never looked back.

I read how a member here... kuntrygirl... kept her cornish Xs alive & healthy for 4 years. I hope to do the same for these 2.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by