pics of my seramas and moderns (warning - pic heavy of course!)

fallenweeble

Songster
12 Years
Dec 4, 2007
i got a new camera and so today i took one billion chicken pictures.
here are some of my seramas - aren't they neato?

this is poquito - my smallest roo
IMG_0885_2.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

here's "the fonz"
IMG_0859_2.jpg

and these are some of the ladies
IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1054_2.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

i have a tiny flock of modern game bantams. they crack me up on those loooong legs.
IMG_0908_2.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0906_2.jpg

thanks for tolerating my new-camera-madness!
tongue.png

Pretty! DS immediately said, oh they look like Primo! He was thrilled to hear that they are P's relatives. I can see him raising seramas for 4h or something. He just loves little chickens!

I have never seen those modern game bantams before..

wow they are really neat. Where did you find those?

do they come in non bantam variety?

Yes they come in non-bantam but I think that the non-bantam are wierd looking. The bantams are cool though. I see you are against dubbing too. I don't think its right. Great pics, thanks for sharing.

wow how big do they get? and how big do the non bantam get.. I mean are they really tall or are they the same size of a regular chicken but the body is shorter and the legs longer? or do they just have longer legs and a regular body?

oh these are so neat.. (I like different chickens)

beautiful chickens and beautiful pictures.
love.gif
I have a Serama that looke like the red speckled one and he is very small. And a female that is white with the black, she is also small. Mine are probably related to yours because I got them at the same place. Those pictures are magnificent!!!!!

I love the modern game cockerels when they are still young just trying to figure out what to do with those legs.
big_smile.png

I at first thought they were the ugliest thing I had ever seen, not any more!!!!!

Last edited:
thanks everyone!

in terms of the modern questions . . .
i got eggs from SnM Poultry who is a BYC member here. he does offer eggs for sale so check in with him if you are interested! apparently these are from a "good" line although i have no idea which one. the boys are "lemon blue" and the girls are brown with lemon.
they have small bodies, much smaller than a typical chicken but with the legs i think they are probably about as tall as a small standard size (aprox.). this little flock is pretty much grown up. they might fill out just a tad but they are almost all grown.
there is a standard game bantam that i've seen at a show i went to but i've never had any so i can't tell ya much about them.
they are super friendly and fun. i highly recommend them.

in terms of the seramas . . .
you know, i'm a lazy serama owner and i haven't weighed any of them. but the small on, poquito, is from the brian sparks line and he is pretty darn small. i will photograph him with something for scale so ya'll can see him in comparision. he is just toooo cute!

and finally . . .
hi hen!!!! how are ya! go see my tiny serama baby pics in the chick section!
and that would be great if your little one decided to raise either serama or moderns for 4-H. i think it's GREAT that you are fostering his interest in animals. he is a lucky little dude!

In their second year the modern game roos fill out very nicely in the body. A substantial handful. Much larger than an OEGB. And they are so so friendly.

ETA: I need two hands to hold on to them. The males (but I think they weigh about 1 1/2 lbs.) Wider body area in the second year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom